What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R25 Fri - Warriors 29-22 Manly @ Daniel Anderson Stadium

Round 25: Warriors v Manly

• Warriors

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evil_Mush

Juniors
First game I'm travelling up from Welly to Mt Smart since Mannerings 300th game whenever that was.

Looking forward to being amongst the excited masses - hopefully exorcise the demons of the only other time I watched Manly with a deathly hangover and similarly miserable performance on a grey Sunday nine years back 😅

I didn't jinx them WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Too intense watching that at the stadium hah, so glad I got to see us beat the old foe in person, and sing the victory song! What bogey team 😅

No idea how the worst ginger Todd Smith didn't penalize Charnze in front for that loose arm in-air "tackle", but I'll take it!

UP DA F'N WAHS!!!!!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I

No idea how the worst ginger Todd Smith didn't penalize Charnze in front for that loose arm in-air "tackle", but I'll take it!

UP DA F'N WAHS!!!!!
against all odds the ginger ninja actually got that one technically correct, haha! Garrick was fair game as he wasn’t going for a kick on the full and the tackle didn’t put him into a dangerous position as he landed flat on his back. Unusual one but I’ll take it!

Pjf04b

Juniors
It was dangerous contact, the same as a hip drop or crusher. The rules don’t specifically say they are illegal, but they are still ruled as dangerous contact.
The flicking of his legs meant he had no control on how he landed. It was just fortunate he landed on his back.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Yeah have caught up with previous posts on the ruling, but live it looked like a sure penalty, everyone in the vicinity was surprised that not only wasn't it a free shot for goal in front but we got the ball back in the scrum 😅

There were a bunch of weird calls that went both ways (that directly led to tries scored and tries denied) that were a bit hard to figure out from the stands so I don't really know who got the rubbiest of the green.

This Year?

Immortal
The noise coming from the stadium especially in the last 10 minutes of that game sounds f**king awesome on TV.
I'd love to hear the acount of it from anyone that was there. I'm so glad that footy in NZ can generate that kind of atmosphere.
Really great to see.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
I thought that was a deadset midair contact / tackle penalty after the charge down. Would be interested to hear what explanation is put forth in the end.

Leber

Bench
Nothing wrong with that contact. Totally fine within the rules.

The knock on before saabs third try and that 'obstruction' call denying Metcalf a try were more controversial for mine.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I thought that was a deadset midair contact / tackle penalty after the charge down. Would be interested to hear what explanation is put forth in the end.
Mid air tackles are only illegal if the ball hasn’t bounced. In this case the ball had bounced, so play on.