What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R25 Fri - Warriors 29-22 Manly @ Daniel Anderson Stadium

Round 25: Warriors v Manly

• Warriors

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Well no… he didn’t need to jump in the air to catch that ball… he chose to do that… as such he isn’t treated the same as a player in the air taking the kick on the full…

It seriously shows how f**ked up the officiating has made the that people can’t see an obvious one like that…
I said it was the right call within the rules mate, but with your argument you can also say fullbacks and wingers don’t need to jump to take most bombs too.

martielang

Bench
Well no… he didn’t need to jump in the air to catch that ball… he chose to do that… as such he isn’t treated the same as a player in the air taking the kick on the full…

It seriously shows how f**ked up the officiating has made the that people can’t see an obvious one like that…

Bloke was a milli second from landing on his neck and CNK being sent, hardly an obvious one. No intent in it but CNK had absolutely no control of his tackle/actions and Garrick was clearly in a dangerous position not sure why he needs to land on his neck for it to be deemed dangerous.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Sorry everyone, I’m posting almost as badly as last week, time to log off and get back on the piss (tongue my taint Australian cheats)

skeepe

Immortal
Oh get f**ked lol… if that was on BYC or some other Canberra muppet you’d be ducking SCREAMING you hypocrite!!

Regardless of *that* call, whichever way you think it was contentious.

How good would it be to see a game not hinge on a dodgy call?? Or just to have a chat about how it was a fairly good game of footy for once?? Yet here we are, as a group, taking about yet another shit call from the shit referees…
No I wouldn’t, because I know the rules.

And the only reason we’re talking about it is because Dan Ginnane and Michael Ennis don’t. If they didn’t blow their tops over a legal tackle, and instead calmly explained the rule, nobody would be blowing up about it.

shiznit

Coach
I said it was the right call within the rules mate, but with your argument you can also say fullbacks and wingers don’t need to jump to take most bombs too.
No because they are afforded protection in the air… so why would they not use it??

if the ball has bounced… then you don’t have that protection… so you jump at your own risk.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Had he landed in a dangerous position it would’ve been a penalty. He didn’t, it wasnt, nobody got hurt, no problem.
He didn’t, you’re right, and most tackled in the air penalties players don’t land in a dangerous position. I’m coming from more a preventative approach, don’t want to see what happened to Turbo (linked above) happen to any other player.

KOMORI

Bench
No I wouldn’t, because I know the rules.

And the only reason we’re talking about it is because Dan Ginnane and Michael Ennis don’t. If they didn’t blow their tops over a legal tackle, and instead calmly explained the rule, nobody would be blowing up about it.
Except everyone here knows that you would be screaming blue murder. You can’t put a player in a dangerous position regardless of the situation or circumstances, that is also a very firm rule and yet here we are..

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Except everyone here knows that you would be screaming blue murder. You can’t put a player in a dangerous position regardless of the situation or circumstances, that is also a very firm rule and yet here we are..
Brothers in Christ god damn it.

It’s a fair call within the rules.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Go the team playing Manly.

Best part the Warriors got the rub of the green from the ref, nwwnna my heart's bleeding for Manly.

Just sign up Siebold for ten years and put in 💯 percent in charge of recruitment.

Home final in Auckland, how good is that?

KOMORI

Bench
There’s no hypocrisy because you’re wrong. I know the rules. Would never complain about a tackle like that.
Eh agree to disagree then… I sincerely hope a similar tackle doesn’t end up with one of your players, or any other team’s players in a wheelchair…

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
He didn’t, you’re right, and most tackled in the air penalties players don’t land in a dangerous position. I’m coming from more a preventative approach, don’t want to see what happened to Turbo (linked above) happen to any other player.
Then you need a rule change. As it was it was legal