What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R3 Sun - Canterbury 26-22 Wests Tigers @ Belmore

Round 3: Canterbury v Wests Tigers

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2023 - Round 3
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Wests Tigers
Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore, Belmore (TICKETS)
Sunday 19 March 2023

Gates 1:30pm / NSW Cup (CBY v WES) 1:40pm / NRL kickoff 4:05pm, broadcast live on Nine Network & 9Now, Fox League & Kayo Sports

CBY2023TEAM.png

1. Hayze Perham 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Kyle Flanagan 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Ryan Sutton 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Jacob Preston 13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 14. Jayden Okunbor 15. Corey Waddell 16. Franklin Pele 17. Fa'amanu Brown 19. Braidon Burns 20. Karl Oloapu 21. Josh Reynolds 22. Jackson Topine 23. Jayden Tanner

WST2022TEAM.png

1. Charlie Staines 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Brent Naden 4. Starford To'a 5. Junior Tupou 6. Adam Doueihi 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Asu Kepaoa 12. Shawn Blore 13. Fonua Pole 14. Brandon Wakeham 15. Alex Twal 16. Joe Ofahengaue 17. Brandon Tumeth 18. Justin Matamua 19. Alex Seyfarth 20. John Bateman 21. Ruatapu Ngatikaura 22. Jahream Bula

A-REF-Y-2022TEAM.png

Referee: Todd Smith
Touch Judges: Jon Stone, Kasey Badger
Video Referee: Gerard Sutton

LOWER GRADES:
Wests Tigers^ v Canterbury^ at Kirkham, Sat - Flegg 3pm
Canterbury^ v Western Suburbs^ at Belmore, Sun - NSW Cup 1:40pm​

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'd like to say we win will by 50. But all that offloading the Tigers do probably comes against the Bulldogs. No way in the world the Tigers could drop as much ball as they did against the Knights again. Or could they?

Munky

Coach
If the Dogs left side gets it together they could run up quite the score.

Doueihi shirt grabbing Kikau all game.

Edit: How is this the Nine Sunday arvo game? The past two spooners in round three.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Never really liked or disliked the Tigers, but with Sheens, Benji and Farrah back and Klemmer there, I have an overwhelming dislike for them.

Dogs by plenty at Belmore and I hope the tigers get 50 put on them a record number of times this season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Who was the numbskull at Channel 9 that thought it was a good idea to have Tigers on FTA Sunday game twice in first 3 weeks.

GongPanther

Referee
Sure the Tigers are not quite there, and most Tigers fans would concede that the first two years would be painful. Next year will be an improvement on this season, so ignore the onscreen idiots who are writing the Tigers off.

Development is the key word for this club at this moment, so just bear with the pain ATM, and simply cheer for those unexpected wins.

Dogs 38-12.

Grapple

Bench
Dogs at Belmore,
Now fnally starting to score more.
Bombs by Burton,
Storm are hurting.

Tigers by Benji,
with a little sauce from Sheensy,
still the same old Brooksy.

5th taclke option give it to Kikau,
Kicks out on the full no need to kick out!

Dogs by plenty,
...most likely twenty.

Vic Mackey

Referee
No way in the world the Tigers could drop as much ball as they did against the Knights again. Or could they?
We dropped just as much in week 1, I doubt we've sudenly learnt to catch
Dogs by as many as they want.

Tigers are in all sorts this season

When you look at our stats they are all over the shop:

Offloads - 1st in comp
Running Meters - 2nd
Tackle Breaks - 3rd
Line Breaks - 4th
Tackles in Opposition 20m - 2nd

Then this:
Errors - Worst
Completion - Worst

I dont know what to make of this. Between the 20-20m lines we have completely dominated. Then we get down in the 20 and have absolutely no idea what to do. To be fair Api Korisau had his first training session the Thursday before Round 1, so the cohession is all at sea atm.

Clearly though the effort is there, which has been my main frustration with the team over the past 2 years. The bad can either be put down to a) poor coaching or b) new combos with no cohesion. Im very much hoping its B.

Laurie out this week is a massive plus as he has been our worst player. Theres no point having all these offloads and line breaks when the fullback isnt there for support. I dont rate Staines as a 1 but his support play is far superior to Lauries. We also get Blore and Pole back who do add to the team.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Laurie out this week is a massive plus as he has been our worst player. Theres no point having all these offloads and line breaks when the fullback isnt there for support. I dont rate Staines as a 1 but his support play is far superior to Lauries. We also get Blore and Pole back who do add to the team.

There is no point to offloads if you're actually just going sideways. Sometimes the best play is to take a tackle and reset the defence.

Latest posts