What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R6 Fri - Canterbury 16-50 Souths @ Accor

Round 6: Canterbury v Souths

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Spongebob Squarepants GIF
Nope, I've seen smaller. lol!

yobbo84

First Grade
A win is a win this time of year

Didn't think we were great, Bulldogs were too stupid for their own good today.... so many dumb unnecessary penalties from them gave them no chance

Nice to smash the Dogs though, they really hate us since 2014 so it's always fun no matter who they put on the field

Pantherjim.

Referee
He would've been centre if he stayed. Money and positional security got him to the Dogs so good on him. Wouldn't surprise me if Burto squeezes out Luai for SOO .

And they’d be welcome for doing so.

Sick and tired of seeing our guys get injured for a rep game that’s played in the wrong time of the season.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He would've been centre if he stayed. Money and positional security got him to the Dogs so good on him. Wouldn't surprise me if Burto squeezes out Luai for SOO .

it wouldn’t surprise me either because Fittler, however in real terms he isn’t in nsw best 5 5/8s, let alone halves

yobbo84

First Grade
One other thing - the pitch yesterday was not up to scratch and both teams should complain to the NRL.

Addo-Carr copped the worst of it, but Graham got caught also (the Burton no try) and chunks of turf were flying around all day.

Eels and Tigers should be worried.

GongPanther

Referee
And they’d be welcome for doing so.

Sick and tired of seeing our guys get injured for a rep game that’s played in the wrong time of the season.
You know my many years long position on this. It's all about Qld and Nine's ratings. But yea, we used to whine about getting players in when the SOO actually meant something, but these days I'd rather our players not play although you can't begrudge them for more money.

GongPanther

Referee
it wouldn’t surprise me either because Fittler, however in real terms he isn’t in nsw best 5 5/8s, let alone halves
He is playing soundly and has had hands in tries, especially that kick through he did to setup a try which was freaky weird V Souths. I suppose you need players like Luai who can come up with something unusual. But if he isn't picked, he'll be a very angry man whoever he plays with.

The real X factor in all of this would be his partnership with Cleary and Yeo as far as the status quo that would be applied.

Vic Mackey

Referee
He is playing soundly and has had hands in tries, especially that kick through he did to setup a try which was freaky weird V Souths. I suppose you need players like Luai who can come up with something unusual. But if he isn't picked, he'll be a very angry man whoever he plays with.

The real X factor in all of this would be his partnership with Cleary and Yeo as far as the status quo that would be applied.

Im not sure how good Burtons partnership with Cleary and Yeo is considering when he played at Penrith Luai passed him the ball 90% of the time. If Latrell is out I’m all for picking him at left center, I’m still not convinced on him at 5/8
Ok mate.. You’d know of course.

I would take Luai, Hynes, Walker, Keary and Wighton over him a NSW 5/8

GongPanther

Referee
Im not sure how good Burtons partnership with Cleary and Yeo is considering when he played at Penrith Luai passed him the ball 90% of the time. If Latrell is out I’m all for picking him at left center, I’m still not convinced on him at 5/8

I would take Luai, Hynes, Walker, Keary and Wighton over him a NSW 5/8
Those partnerships have sort of moved on although a couple of training sessions would sort that out. If they do pick Burto, at what expense would it be as Freddy likes to stack the bench with forwards. Maybe we should continue this in the SOO threads.

Latest posts