What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R6 Fri - Canterbury 16-50 Souths @ Accor

Round 6: Canterbury v Souths

• Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
images

You're looking a bit tired Cameron.

skeepe

Immortal
What do you want the slide rule to work it out, he was trying to strip th ball. It wasn’t a hip drop t@ckle.
Why can’t it be both? He was trying to strip the ball. In the process he left his feet and put all his weight on the ball-carrier’s ankle. You can’t do it and he was deservedly punished.

Bazal

Post Whore
Why can’t it be both? He was trying to strip the ball. In the process he left his feet and put all his weight on the ball-carrier’s ankle. You can’t do it and he was deservedly punished.

I think you get into incredibly dangerous territory if you start punishing tacklers for losing their feet and falling on a lads ankle.

It certainly wasn't a hip drop. No one's hips were even involved.

Munky

Coach
The defensive line rejig by the Dogs was terrible

Why didn't Averillo go to left wing with either Burton/Reynolds at right centre?

The combo they went with was carved up all arvo.

mongoose

Coach
I think you get into incredibly dangerous territory if you start punishing tacklers for losing their feet and falling on a lads ankle.

it looked pretty intentional to me to lift both his feet off the ground

Generalzod

Immortal
From all the hip drop tackles that i have witnessed in the game it just wasn’t that style of a hip drop tackle.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Not his fault penrith prioritised fake tough guy over him.

Pffffft! Please!

As if we were ever going to let Burton play 5/8th ahead of Luai.

Next you’ll be saying that we should have held on to Crichton to let him play FB ahead of Dylan Edwards.

Last edited:

Brandy’s explanation tells me players are going to be confused. Dangerous territory indeed