What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R7 Fri - Cronulla 22-12 Sydney @ PointsBet

Round 7: Cronulla v Sydney

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
In the fair dinkum stakes though, the discipline didn’t really seem that different between the two teams yet the penalty count was 14-4 and the restart count 4-1…

I just don’t see how that’s justified. Like the Sharks were offside just as much as the Roosters were, the difference is they got away with it.

Sphagnum

Coach
giphy.gif

skeepe

Immortal
I mean I hate both teams equally… looking at it objectively, the Roosters got absolutely railroaded by that performance from Atkins. And the bunker too, Collins clearly made the line.

Such differences in decisions - Atkins rightfully pinged the Roosters for offside a few times when the Sharks were on the attack, but when the Roosters were attacking - particularly in the second half - they had players standing halfway between the goal line and the marker, getting involved, and not being penalised for it.

The Sharks and Roosters were equally as cynical as each other, but since only the Roosters have a reputation for it, they’re the ones that copped it.

One of the most one-sided officiating performances you’ll ever see.

I’m no fan of Trent Robinson and think he complains far too much, but he has every right to go off in his press conference, because that was just awful.

Latest posts