What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R7 Fri - Cronulla 22-12 Sydney @ PointsBet

Round 7: Cronulla v Sydney

• Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shaggs

Coach
I mean I hate both teams equally… looking at it objectively, the Roosters got absolutely railroaded by that performance from Atkins. And the bunker too, Collins clearly made the line.

Such differences in decisions - Atkins rightfully pinged the Roosters for offside a few times when the Sharks were on the attack, but when the Roosters were attacking - particularly in the second half - they had players standing halfway between the goal line and the marker, getting involved, and not being penalised for it.

The Sharks and Roosters were equally as cynical as each other, but since only the Roosters have a reputation for it, they’re the ones that copped it.

One of the most one-sided officiating performances you’ll ever see.

I’m no fan of Trent Robinson and think he complains far too much, but he has every right to go off in his press conference, because that was just awful.
Please. You are the absolute worst judge of a rugby league game.

The roosters whole game plan is designed to be offside and slow the ruck.

Generalzod

Immortal
I mean I hate both teams equally… looking at it objectively, the Roosters got absolutely railroaded by that performance from Atkins. And the bunker too, Collins clearly made the line.

Such differences in decisions - Atkins rightfully pinged the Roosters for offside a few times when the Sharks were on the attack, but when the Roosters were attacking - particularly in the second half - they had players standing halfway between the goal line and the marker, getting involved, and not being penalised for it.

The Sharks and Roosters were equally as cynical as each other, but since only the Roosters have a reputation for it, they’re the ones that copped it.

I’m no fan of Trent Robinson and think he complains far too much, but he has every right to go off in his press conference, because that was just awful.
Is there any other team you do like lol

Valheru

Coach
And the bunker too, Collins clearly made the line.

That was a truly bizarre decision. The bunker supported on field decision as they couldn't tell either way apparently which is absurd because they had clear vision of the ball and the line.

Supporting the on field decision is fine if you can't see the ball like in cases of held up etc. They had full visibility, it was either on the line or it wasn't just like Ronaldo's foot. If they couldn't see any evidence it was short I.e. no green strip between the ball and the line which is what they cited to determine Ronaldo was in then it means it was on the line.

Outside of Nicho I don't actually think the sharks offer a lot. Roosters to harden up after last week and win by 8.
I agreed pre game and until last 20, their attack wasn’t much. Pleased to see them play 80 minutes for a change.
Since the Sharkies are going to play in this year's GF, a win for them will solidify my claim. Sharks by 22-14.
Very close
Roosters by 20
Not very close
Roosters will win but no idea how Hutchison is on the bench after the awful showing last week.
Nope
Roosters will have a field day on the Sharks left edge.
But, the Bermuda triangle will play a part too.
Very nope

That was a truly bizarre decision. The bunker supported on field decision as they couldn't tell either way apparently which is absurd because they had clear vision of the ball and the line.

Supporting the on field decision is fine if you can't see the ball like in cases of held up etc. They had full visibility, it was either on the line or it wasn't just like Ronaldo's foot. If they couldn't see any evidence it was short I.e. no green strip between the ball and the line which is what they cited to determine Ronaldo was in then it means it was on the line.
Disagree, I didn’t see any conclusive visual evidence that it made the line

Valheru

Coach
Disagree, I didn’t see any conclusive visual evidence that it made the line

If the bunker said that I would live with it even if I disagree.

The ball being on the line or not is a rare instance where the negative needs to be proven otherwise the positive is true. By definition, if the ball is on the line then you can't see the line which means seeing something other than the line (green grass) between the ball and chalk is required to determine it isn't on the line.

The bunker by their own admission couldn't determine the ball was short even though they had full view of the ball and line so it must have been on the line.

Appreciated but I still disagree. There wasn’t conclusive evidence that the man closest to the play to make the decision was wrong. I get benefit of doubt and the referee should always play in this manner, but the video is only there when they can say the referee was categorically incorrect. Which he wasn’t. Personally, I thought he was short too.
If the bunker said that I would live with it even if I disagree.

The ball being on the line or not is a rare instance where the negative needs to be proven otherwise the positive is true. By definition, if the ball is on the line then you can't see the line which means seeing something other than the line (green grass) between the ball and chalk is required to determine it isn't on the line.

The bunker by their own admission couldn't determine the ball was short even though they had full view of the ball and line so it must have been on the line.

STFU!!!

Foz

Bench
I know the bunker can’t rule on it but pretty obvious the Keary pass to Collins was forward.A larger margin than the ball touching the line That’s for sure.

ahh the very brave retrospective brag when not giving an initial prediction themselves
I was just calling out the confidence of some. “Roosters will win” and “Roosters will have a field day”. They weren’t predictions, they were clear statements.

Not that any of us should care much. If you make a big statement and it’s proved wrong, you should be allowed to be called out for it.

For what it’s worth, I thought the Roosters would win too. Didn’t get to the forum in time to put in a prediction. Great win Sharkies in an enjoyable game. Let’s all enjoy the rest of the weekend.