What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 R8 Fri - Parramatta 16-26 Brisbane @ TIO (Darwin)

Round 8: Parramatta v Brisbane

• Parramatta Eels

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Brisbane Broncos

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
tbh I may have been premature here. Just sick of the response to every NRL crackdown being ‘stop cracking down’. The crack downs happen because of a genuine problem, and the likes of TMM and RCG going down this year shows the issue with hip drop tackles. If I’ve incorrectly identified you as a ‘stop penalising hip drops’ guy then I apologise, although I suspect I haven’t.

lockscombi

Juniors
tbh I may have been premature here. Just sick of the response to every NRL crackdown being ‘stop cracking down’. The crack downs happen because of a genuine problem, and the likes of TMM and RCG going down this year shows the issue with hip drop tackles. If I’ve incorrectly identified you as a ‘stop penalising hip drops’ guy then I apologise, although I suspect I haven’t.
You're response was 100% accurate mate. I suspect he lost a bet on the Eels and is butthurt and playing the victim card. This is the call sign of a classic man baby. Not willing or able to discuss the issue like an adult. Instead resorts to meaningless, unbecomming insults.

Potato

You're response was 100% accurate mate. I suspect he lost a bet on the Eels and is butthurt and playing the victim card. This is the call sign of a classic man baby. Not willing or able to discuss the issue like an adult. Instead resorts to meaningless, unbecomming insults.
Tltr, Potato

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Greg Alexander but here we are. Small men are pretty much banned from attempting a tackle on the bigger man running at speed now. The NRL are living in another reality.

Munky

Coach
I can't believe I'm agreeing with Greg Alexander but here we are. Small men are pretty much banned from attempting a tackle on the bigger man running at speed now. The NRL are living in another reality.

How about when a lock snaps a halfback's leg.

Like we know the Broncos couldn't tackle for three years but is that an excuse?

Mams hip drop is a farce. What else was he supposed to do in that situation? Just a joke, there's plenty of f**kwits on here tonight agreeing with the penalty.

lockscombi

Juniors
Small men can execute tackles around the legs just as good as a bigger man. As long as they don't force their whole body weight on the attackers legs if both their feet leave the ground it's legal.

chrisparra123

Juniors
At some point the heat has to turn on us the eels all the heat has been on tigers but eels are 3 from. 8 and underpeferforming

Wizardman

First Grade
There are people like yourself that have lost touch with the way rugby league is played.
I absolutely get that intentional hip drop style tackles absolutely need to go......no argument from me. But, I'll ask you this. What the hell was Payne Hass meant to do in his situation? He was slightly beaten and recovered by grabbing him and bringing him down the way players have done since 1908. There was no intent (and I don't even think Hass landed on RCG's limbs...but I stand to be corrected on that).
Some common sense must be brought into this.

lockscombi

Juniors
There are people like yourself that have lost touch with the way rugby league is played.
I absolutely get that intentional hip drop style tackles absolutely need to go......no argument from me. But, I'll ask you this. What the hell was Payne Hass meant to do in his situation? He was slightly beaten and recovered by grabbing him and bringing him down the way players have done since 1908. There was no intent (and I don't even think Hass landed on RCG's limbs...but I stand to be corrected on that).
Some common sense must be brought into this.
Accidental hip drops will occur. There were a couple tonight. Coaches and players need to adapt to the new rules or get left behind. I guarentee you the best coaches are already teaching their players new techniques. These are the teams that will bridge a gap from the rest of the crowd.

We live in a universe where change is an inevitable force. Teams have to adapt to this (correct) rule change. Or get left behind. Simple as that

Munky

Coach
It's the intentional chair motion that seems to makes it a hip drop.

The Haas tackle looked more of a momentum thing while Mam made a decision to lift his weight in the chair motion.

Awkward tackles from beaten players have been a thing forever.

Latest posts