What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

George Dragon

Juniors
Gee I liked the look of young Couchman in the u19's. He has a twin as well who has played Australian schoolboys. Very promising!!

Both great prospects
The boys made the transision for edge to middle this year in SG Ball and are now part of the Flegg squad.
Ryan has had recent surgery and is out for the year.
Toby has shown some great touches coming off the bench in Flegg already.
If you can, check out the recent Flegg highlights Toby throws a around the corner pass to set up tries two weeks in a row.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
For me Matt does the 1% plays. Isn't the flashy kind of winger but rarely lets you down, makes some important tackles and does some pretty tough hitups. I really like him
Agree- a Jason NIghtingale type of player- but Jason played most of his career with a fast guy (Brett Morris) on the other wing who could score the flashy tries. Rava is effective from 10 metres out but hardly speedy. Can we afford two slow wingers? I don't think we can and that is why I feel Matt should go to right centre with Lomax taking De Belin's place at lock in 2023. De Belin moves to front row. Sloan and Ramsey, both fast, (or someone mentioned a tall, current JF winger- Alexander Lobb- as a smokey) to vie for the vacant wing spot.

The Roosters have introduced us to the prototype winger for the future in Sualii. Tall, good in the air, fast, powerful and a strong defender-probably the next NSW origin winger when Tupou retires. Obviously, not everyone is going to be as good as this kid but his attributes are probably going into the winger database. Probably could play full-back as well in the future but that has aerobic and other demands on a player that wing doesn't.

Latest posts