What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Squad: Gains, Losses & Re-signings.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
to be honest including injury I am yet to see the Feagais lighten the field up or excite me greatly
Matt goes OK and runs hard but does not have great pace or never seems to get put into the clear
max is real injury prone ATM
For me Matt does the 1% plays. Isn't the flashy kind of winger but rarely lets you down, makes some important tackles and does some pretty tough hitups. I really like him

matPORTS

Juniors
Fair comments on the Feagai twins. Positives and negatives each way. They are now 21, and the Morris brothers didn't make debuts until this age either. The next 12 months will be crucial in terms of whether they are going to make it or not.

The thing that concerns me about all of the backs we presently have on the books (whether they are already playing regularly in first grade or on the cusp of doing so) - a Bennett coached Dolphins or a Melbourne Storm turning over their roster as other players move on in these coming years will be very appealing, and we will undoubtedly rue the day as they move on and realise their potential under a good coach. I know - this is not an unusual conundrum (we've always had this problem with our junior base).

I am struggling to think of whom from outside the club could be a good buy in the outside backs vs what we presently have on the books, and whether we would actually be a genuine chance of landing anyone? Case in point with Alex Johnston being a target for us around 18 months ago. The Broncos may decide to move Corey Oates on in favour of promoting a young gun going into the future (salary cap squeeze as well with other young guns about to command upgrades due to recent rep debuts in the squad), but it sounds like he may take a pay cut to stay put (Hook tends to love recruiting his old Broncos juniors). Other than these two, I'm struggling as to who would be a good fit for us.

dungay dragon

Juniors
You do realise panthers wingers too and taylan may are both not electric? In fact no one in their team is lightning. Feagai is really solid and hasn’t put a foot wrong imo.
Thinking Matt F is a special player biding his time with due diligence on the wing.. In time would love to see him at centre and or 5/8 ...We have the junior nucleus of a very good football side
Not sure if HOOK is the one " to get all the ducks in a row " and let these youngsters display their natural talent

BLM01

First Grade
You do realise panthers wingers too and taylan may are both not electric? In fact no one in their team is lightning. Feagai is really solid and hasn’t put a foot wrong imo.
Yes they are, they find their way to the try line many times. Feagai lets be frank is not at their level performing, busting tackles and scoring spectacular tries like they are.
You are right he is solid and has done no wrong but we need more X factor. T'oo although down a bit recovering from injury and May have that

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
I'll put in a vote for Jack Murchie. Not because he is elite quality but because he is, well, available, and an improvement on a lot of our forwards who have for years underwhelmed us all. He is a younger body and plays at lock where we need to a succession plan for JDB.

Murchie will be a positive inclusion who we can see as an important puzzle piece for future success.

Black Panther

Juniors
Watch when Tago reeled in Valentine Holmes when we played the Cowboys. Very under rated speedster, probably the fastest over 40 m at Penrith.

BLM01

First Grade
Being a bit harsh on Matt F I believe. As good as Suli has been, Matt doesn't see a lot of ball outside him.
Yes he has had ball in the clear though or has chased. Has not enlightened me with his speed nor busting tackles ability.
As I said average and solid for us but not an X factor. His brother I rate lower and injury has not helped him.
I rate Cody, Rav, Zac, Suli and Sloane above both Feagais for X-factors but that is my opinion

Jeremy Dragon

Juniors
Yes he has had ball in the clear though or has chased. Has not enlightened me with his speed nor busting tackles ability.
As I said average and solid for us but not an X factor. His brother I rate lower and injury has not helped him.
I rate Cody, Rav, Zac, Suli and Sloane above both Feagais for X-factors but that is my opinion
36 tackle breaks 4th best for dragons ave 3 a game only Suli us better with 4

BLM01

First Grade
36 tackle breaks 4th best for dragons ave 3 a game only Suli us better with 4
Yes I know. Stats say different. Like to see what sort of tackle breaks but I will concede as they say stats dont lie except, how you look at them.
As i said my opinion watching the game he aint got me off my seat yet like some others in our team... hang on I tell a lie, he did when he scored that last try against Newcastle in R6 nearly in front of me after he bombed one 10 mins earlier. :)

Latest posts