What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Team

Yosh

Coach
How are we shaping up?

1. Ponga
2. Young
3. Gagai
4. Best

6. Milford
7. Clifford

8. Klemmer
9. Brailey
10. JSaifiti
11. Kai Pearce-Paul
12. Frizell
13. Pryce

14. Mann
15. DSafiti
16. Crocker
17. Elliot

Close enough?

Knight Tales

Bench
Toohey says we have money for and are after both Milford and Munster. Hetherington and Elliott look like being here next year. So things are moving fast. Fitzgibbon etc. are filler for next year. Hard to see him being here beyond that. Probably Superleague.

aqua_duck

Coach
Toohey says we have money for and are after both Milford and Munster. Hetherington and Elliott look like being here next year. So things are moving fast. Fitzgibbon etc. are filler for next year. Hard to see him being here beyond that. Probably Superleague.
thats what we were hoping for this year too but alas nothing has changed

Yosh

Coach
We have money for both Milf and Munster? Well that's just crazy. Why not bring in Ben Hunt to play hooker so we will basically have the Queensland spine.

Old dog

Bench
Looking forward to 2023 we have a few players of contract.
Barnett and Lee are gone.
Crosslands - can’t see a reason to retain
Lucas - like what little I have seen so extension likely
Milford - looks good, we should make offer
Momoisea - Don’t think he has shown enough
Musgrove - hasn’t done enough,thanks but no thanks
Purcell - I haven’t seen enough, young, potential, keep
Sasagi - something about him but yet to show it, keep
Saulo - been here a while, has faded, been passed by others
Sue - gave us what he had, passed his best, sorry
Hoy - would consider keeping, Hodgson if fit ok could influence that, has shown some signs but depending on the likes of Milford will we need him, Ponga and Hodgson fit not f/b, Milford signs with Clifford And Clune he isn’t in the halves, walking the tightrope
12 spots, 6-7 not likely wanted or needed, some coming in, Elliott, possibly Hetherington, two Poms and others being linked to us. Still need a few in critical positions, like halve and 2nd row.
We have 16 contracts finishing 2023 with a likely repeat in 2024, 5-9 likely to go, very insecure time

Old dog

Bench
Something isnt quite right, need both attitude and ability to make it and quite a few of our signings don’t have the ability.

We still need to mostly fill a NSWCup team so im guessing a few of those boys will get lower tier contracts if the ESL doesnt come calling (Sue, Hoy, Musgrove and Saulo)

Id also imagine a few of our Flegg boys might get elevated contracts too (Armstrong, Ryan, Cant, Croker)

Old dog

Bench
We hopefully will fill reserves with some current 1st grade, need to spend wisely And develop the younger locals coming through from Flegg, they are riding high so some talent must exist. The likes of Hodgson, Tuala, Mapapalangi, Lucas, Veaila, Sasagi, Clune, Croker, Randall, Thompson, Johns, Jones and Fitz should be mostly playing reserves and covering injuries or developing.
We need to sign at least a top half and 2nd row keeping in mind Klem and Friz need to be extended even if just for a season or two and most named above are only contracted until end 2023

Yosh

Coach
We hopefully will fill reserves with some current 1st grade, need to spend wisely And develop the younger locals coming through from Flegg, they are riding high so some talent must exist. The likes of Hodgson, Tuala, Mapapalangi, Lucas, Veaila, Sasagi, Clune, Croker, Randall, Thompson, Johns, Jones and Fitz should be mostly playing reserves and covering injuries or developing.
We need to sign at least a top half and 2nd row keeping in mind Klem and Friz need to be extended even if just for a season or two and most named above are only contracted until end 2023

Croker? Mat Croker? I want him to be in our 17 all the time.

Knight Tales

Bench
Croker? Mat Croker? I want him to be in our 17 all the time.
If we get Elliott and Hetherington then you want those three fighting it out for the two spots (assuming Friz stays) in the backrow along with Kai Pearce Paul. There is also the chance Kai plays centre to get up to speed with the NRL in his first year. I actually think the way we are recruiting is pretty smart if not mind blowing.

Yosh

Coach
If we get Elliott and Hetherington then you want those three fighting it out for the two spots (assuming Friz stays) in the backrow along with Kai Pearce Paul. There is also the chance Kai plays centre to get up to speed with the NRL in his first year. I actually think the way we are recruiting is pretty smart if not mind blowing.

Mat Croker looks like he can be a star. I don't want his development stunted by two nuffie...

Croker is a prop