What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 3 - Vs Roosters

callmack1

Staff member
Hate. It's a word that's thrown around pretty loosely these days. "I hate this," "I hate that." I think everyone uses it without really thinking about it. It's a word that as we grow up, we're taught that we shouldn't really use. But you know what, when I say I hate the Roosters, when we say we hate the Roosters, that's not using the word loosely and it's a word we should use often as it's exactly the word we should use for them. We haven't just said it and not really thought about it. It's exactly the way I feel about them and I'm sure I speak for all Souths fans when I say that. It's an intense, burning hatred for these pricks from Bondi that is so intense. It will never, ever die. In fact, I don't even know if hate is a strong enough word to describe how we feel about them.

That's right, this week, another chapter gets written into the Book of Feuds. The rivalry resumes and the hate comes to the surface as we take on our arch-rivals, the Roosters, on Friday night at Allianz. The two oldest clubs in the League, there's 116 years of pure hatred in this one. Pure envy, pure spite, pure feelings. I don't even know how to describe it. How do you describe it? It's impossible. Probably one of the best ways to describe it would be sin bin Sunday a couple years back, that pretty much sums up how our two clubs feel about each other. I have a feeling we could be in for something similar this week and there'll be nothing short of fireworks.

Look, it might only be Round 3, but there's no two ways about it, this is an absolute must win given the way we've started the year. Languishing in 16th place on the ladder is simply not acceptable at any stage of the Season and we need to really start turning it around, and fast, or we'll be in real trouble. This is going to be such a massive challenge, possibly the biggest challenge we've faced so far in 2024 as I hate to say it, but the Roosters will be up there with the top teams. But you know what? If there was any game to turn around our fortunes, it's this one. The rivalry, the derby. If this game doesn't get the boys fired up and ready to roar, then I don't know what will. If we could somehow get up for the and get one over these pricks, it completely changes the narrative of our Season start so that is what we have to be gunning for and gunning for hard. Our backs are against the wall here and we need to rise above that and fight our way back. Doing it against the scum would be sweet.

We get Wighton in for this one for his club debut which will be massive. Hopefully he can help trigger a change in fortune for us. I'm also hoping there'll be a few changes.

I don't know if I've looked forward to a game quite like this. Personally, for me, this is going to be one of the biggest games of my life as despite supporting this club my entire life, I have never been to a game on Australian soil. That all changes and a dream comes true for me at Allianz on Friday night as I will be there at the game. Screaming my lungs out, trying to do everything I can to get the boys home. I will get to experience the roar of a Sydney crowd, and the passion and hatred of the Rabbitohs-Roosters rivalry for the first time ever in person. Ughhh I couldn't be more excited!!!

So, strap yourself in folks as the rivalry resumes for 2024 and we get ready to write the next chapter in the Book of Feuds! I hope it will be our chapter. Enjoy the buildup during the week, it should be a cracker!! Let's dance!!!

Glory, Glory.

Nafedogg

Juniors
A must win for the club, senior players, forwards and illias MUST step up. Excited to see Wighton get his first start for us.

Hellray

Juniors
Apparently at training Ilias was training with the reserve grade team and Hawkins was training at HB with the top squad.
*reported by wide world of sports

Thadius

Juniors
It is true and I can confirm so and it is also extremely disappointing. The very ordinary Hawkins gets to play half against Easts on Friday night and old Bee Sting head will be giggling.

If Lachlan had to be dropped, should have at least thrown Cody into half and Jack at 5/8, but not this bloke!

Gray I hope is on the radar, if not Lachlan must come back later.

Thadius i agree jack 6 cody 7 but ile take hawkins over ilias id even take jye gray over ilias id have jye gray off the bench with 3 forwards so when the oppositions forwards tire then jye can find the holes to run thru I did like your post though I dont want ilias to return jack and cody should be in the halves permanently till age catches them both up.

callmack1

Staff member

I've been one of Lachy's biggest supporters and defenders since he debuted but I'm glad to see this happen for this game. I'm mostly glad to see our coach has finally grown some balls and changed something.

That is nothing against Lachy, and what I say in this post is nothing against him at all. I like the kid, but the reality is, he hasn't improved at all in two years of Footy and we can't keep persisting with the same thing and expecting the same results, that's what this all boils down to really.

I'm happy with it as long as Lachy knows the losses and poor form aren't being put on him and that he isn't being made the scapegoat. This isn't the end of him, it's a chance for him to go back and work on his game in reserve grade to hopefully come back even better someday.

Good luck to Dean! I'm really happy for him and I will be backing him all the way. I'm excited to see what this does for the team. He has a better kicking game, which could help all aspects of our game, his playmaking is okay, and he seems like more of an organiser than Lachy which we are lacking massively. The only thing I'm worried about is that apart from a potentially better kicking game, Hawko coming in doesn't really improve our defence.

But finally, for perhaps the first time since JD took over, the whole team has been put on notice with this and that can only be a positive thing.

Hellray

Juniors
Thadius i agree jack 6 cody 7 but ile take hawkins over ilias id even take jye gray over ilias id have jye gray off the bench with 3 forwards so when the oppositions forwards tire then jye can find the holes to run thru I did like your post though I dont want ilias to return jack and cody should be in the halves permanently till age catches them both up.
Age has already caught Cody. He couldn’t out run a one legged Reynolds on Thursday night.

Nafedogg

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what the outcome is if we lose another match and this time without Illias, who will be to blame then? There’s a few senior players that should be on notice also. Let’s hope we get the win, he spends a few weeks in reserve grade and gets some confidence back.

Age has already caught Cody. He couldn’t out run a one legged Reynolds on Thursday night.

Yes he can lol the reason for Cody's fall from grace is there is no reyno dear Watson,add wighton at no6 n cody at 7 then your cooking but ile take hawkins because ilias is a park footballer what team would want him?

It will be interesting to see what the outcome is if we lose another match and this time without Illias, who will be to blame then? There’s a few senior players that should be on notice also. Let’s hope we get the win, he spends a few weeks in reserve grade and gets some confidence back.

Now that reyno is injured lets give them lachlan ilias id even drive locky to Brisbane id doubt very very much they would not dream of giving ilias the no7 jumper lol.

Steenson123

Juniors
Li

I've been one of Lachy's biggest supporters and defenders since he debuted but I'm glad to see this happen for this game. I'm mostly glad to see our coach has finally grown some balls and changed something.

That is nothing against Lachy, and what I say in this post is nothing against him at all. I like the kid, but the reality is, he hasn't improved at all in two years of Footy and we can't keep persisting with the same thing and expecting the same results, that's what this all boils down to really.

I'm happy with it as long as Lachy knows the losses and poor form aren't being put on him and that he isn't being made the scapegoat. This isn't the end of him, it's a chance for him to go back and work on his game in reserve grade to hopefully come back even better someday.

Good luck to Dean! I'm really happy for him and I will be backing him all the way. I'm excited to see what this does for the team. He has a better kicking game, which could help all aspects of our game, his playmaking is okay, and he seems like more of an organiser than Lachy which we are lacking massively. The only thing I'm worried about is that apart from a potentially better kicking game, Hawko coming in doesn't really improve our defence.

But finally, for perhaps the first time since JD took over, the whole team has been put on notice with this and that can only be a positive thing.
Listen Hawkins has EARNED a shot as I have repeatedly stated. He has served an apprenticeship and done it the very elongated hard way. Plus he has a better kicking game and he may make the attack smoother. Fans would at least like to see the opponent being pressured in their red zone instead of opponents continually running back poor kicks from Walker and ilias.
Hawkins has persisted and his mental toughness has to be admired. The only question now is can he stay in A Grade because the squad badly needs a far better kicking game and intelligence down in the opponent's red zone.

Thadius

Juniors

I have to say that with the high possibility of Keary being missing for Easts this Friday, I gave a us a great chance of victory, especially with Jack playing his first game. But with this dreadful announcement of Hawkins playing I now think we wont win. Hawkins wouldn't tackle Mary Poppins and he has failed plenty of times in first grade, this is why he has often been shunned. He's very ordinary.

Ilias is light years ahead of him as a footballer and this is a panic measure from the coach as he sweats a little with two straight losses.

But we both agree on Gray, who's a beauty.

Hellray

Juniors
I have to say that with the high possibility of Keary being missing for Easts this Friday, I gave a us a great chance of victory, especially with Jack playing his first game. But with this dreadful announcement of Hawkins playing I now think we wont win. Hawkins wouldn't tackle Mary Poppins and he has failed plenty of times in first grade, this is why he has often been shunned. He's very ordinary.

Ilias is light years ahead of him as a footballer and this is a panic measure from the coach as he sweats a little with two straight losses.

Exactly watch everyone turn on their messiah Dean Hawkins after he misses 6 tackles this weekend.
and again everyone will call for mass changes

Steenson123

Juniors
Nobody has hailed Dean Hawkins as a messiah or anything particularly special. Why make a big deal about it? However, he may provide two key ingredients the squad is severely parched in: 1. A far better kicking game & 2. A smoother attacking unit. Leaving Walker with ilias together will simply place an anchor around the squad's throat. Let Hawkins and Jack W dominate the kicking game and end Walker's marsh mallow punts that only help every opponent. Plus Demetriou has to make changes because his tenure as a Head Coach is likely nearing an abrupt end.
Hawkins did win a season or so ago starting as #7 against I believe Parramatta in their house [26-0?] and he is a more seasoned player now. I say he is well worth a gamble.

Steenson123

Juniors
Attention!

Attention! Hawkins has started several times of late, in badly depleted squads I note against Canterbury and St George, as a #6 NOT a #7. He did start as a #7 a season or so ago against Parramatta in their house and the team won easily.

Latest posts