What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
6. 33,000 - Dolphins v Cowboys. The same game in round 26 last year got 33k with the Dolphins already out of finals contention, should get roughly the same figure this game. That said, the Dolphins absolutely geniused ticketing allocation might cost them a heap.
Hit the nail on the head. Looks like appx 22k have been sold, and the weather looks shit. The Dolphins admin are flopping - no tickets currently available in the two cheapest categories which we know are most popular for families.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Crowd predictions for the rest of the round.

1. 23,000 - Knights v Raiders. Knights got 29k + for the last 3 games of the season. But you'd have to imagine Thursday night will knock at least 5k off that.

I'm hearing its close to a sell out, if not it is a sell out

Vlad59

Juniors
What do they usually do?
Depends who you are talking about. I’ve seen it counted multiple ways by different sources. I reckon the NRL will count the crowds separately and I think they should but that’s just me.

shewi6

Juniors
A
Depends who you are talking about. I’ve seen it counted multiple ways by different sources. I reckon the NRL will count the crowds separately and I think they should but that’s just me.
As with magic round the NRL will list seperate crowds that correlate with how many people were in the stadium for each game, but for end of season aggregate and averages only the total amount of attendees will be counted and divided by the number of games, which I believe is the correct way to do it and doesn't distort the averages.

The_Wookie

Bench
A

As with magic round the NRL will list seperate crowds that correlate with how many people were in the stadium for each game, but for end of season aggregate and averages only the total amount of attendees will be counted and divided by the number of games, which I believe is the correct way to do it and doesn't distort the averages.

Its not how the NRL or RLtables will do it, Austadiums will, and Ill be doing both figures. Not sure about rugbyleagueproject

Iamback

Coach

The NRL have a set point in the Manly v Souths game and count the crowd at the time.

Then the rest to give 2 crowds instead of the total for each game

shewi6

Juniors
Its not how the NRL or RLtables will do it, Austadiums will, and Ill be doing both figures. Not sure about rugbyleagueproject
Are u sure? Last year they only claimed 150k attended magic round, not 350k if they counted the other way.

jim_57

Staff member
Alright predictions for the NRL’s newest themed round ‘Most Vulnerable Round’.

“While you go on holidays, we’ll rob your house,”
The AFL has devised a clever scheme to stick a dagger into the heart of the NRL at its most vulnerable moment.

Newcastle 22k - Thursday knocks a few thousand off.
Auckland 23k - Sellout.
Melbourne 19k - Hopefully 20k+ but 8pm Friday may keep a few families away.
Parra 28k - Sellout.
Gold Coast 18k - Hopefully better.
Suncorp 30k - Depending on if the Dolphins ticketing guys ever open up some more bays.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Dolphins guy has done it and has opened more bays! Only 900 seats in the two cheapest categories, so still managed to flop.

One step forward, with half a step back.

Anyone got a pax update for Commbank this Saturday?

The ticket map is a bit misleading as it looks like there's still a lot of seats available - but the lower tier only really has a few hundred left, and the majority of tickets in the upper tier are bunched in the N-E and S-E corners.

1709534178105.png

shewi6

Juniors
The Dolphins guy has done it and has opened more bays! Only 900 seats in the two cheapest categories, so still managed to flop.

One step forward, with half a step back.
The cynic in me tells me they would prefer to play to 10k in redcliffe the way they do things.

Is it a case of saving money on stadium hire by only opening up sections of the ground depending on demand like how the gold coast does?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The cynic in me tells me they would prefer to play to 10k in redcliffe the way they do things.

Is it a case of saving money on stadium hire by only opening up sections of the ground depending on demand like how the gold coast does?

I would say yes but they’ll need to open level 5 north eventually so they should just open it now and release all cheap corner seats. Level 6 will increase fees again but it looks like they won’t bother with opening that area. They can get 33k with just level 3 and 5 given they don’t use GA areas. 33k at Suncorp for the Broncos will have level 6 and level 7 south open. A lot comfier for the crowd, but looks empty in some areas on the tele.

The dolphins staggered release is a complete marketing fail and crowd killer.

Perth Red

Post Whore

The more areas open the higher security and outlet costs, the higher the stadium rent.

shewi6

Juniors
Alright predictions for the NRL’s newest themed round ‘Most Vulnerable Round’.

“While you go on holidays, we’ll rob your house,”

Newcastle 22k - Thursday knocks a few thousand off.
Auckland 23k - Sellout.
Melbourne 19k - Hopefully 20k+ but 8pm Friday may keep a few families away.
Parra 28k - Sellout.
Gold Coast 18k - Hopefully better.
Suncorp 30k - Depending on if the Dolphins ticketing guys ever open up some more bays.
Lol then they should have done it last week when there isn't nrl games in brisbane, gold coast and sydney.

My predictions for this round (with new season optimism bumping them up):

Newcastle 25.5k - Record memberships and momentum of 3 sellout crowds last year, opening game in Aus but lower for thursday night.

NZ 24k - Sellout, wahs bandwagon

Melbourne 21k - No afl on, good opportunity for one of biggest crowds outside of anzac day

Parra 29k - Weekend game, rivalry game

Gold coast 17.5k - Weakest game of the round imo, some hope building behind the team from last year and new coach and ditto for dragons so their qld fanbase might show up

Brisbane 33k - Qld derby but with no history built yet, only brisbane game, should be higher than round 1 last year but lets see

Round total - 190.7k
Round average - 23.8k

shewi6

Juniors
I would say yes but they’ll need to open level 5 north eventually so they should just open it now and release all cheap corner seats. Level 6 will increase fees again but it looks like they won’t bother with opening that area. They can get 33k with just level 3 and 5 given they don’t use GA areas. 33k at Suncorp for the Broncos will have level 6 and level 7 south open. A lot comfier for the crowd, but looks empty in some areas on the tele.

The dolphins staggered release is a complete marketing fail and crowd killer.
Yeh seems they do it all backwards.
You would think they would have a target of 35k for this game and would open the stadium accordingly.
In saying that though I do like how the dolphins crowd looks more packed in compared to the bronx crowds.

jim_57

Staff member
Lol then they should have done it last week when there isn't nrl games in brisbane, gold coast and sydney.

My predictions for this round (with new season optimism bumping them up):

Newcastle 25.5k - Record memberships and momentum of 3 sellout crowds last year, opening game in Aus but lower for thursday night.

NZ 24k - Sellout, wahs bandwagon

Melbourne 21k - No afl on, good opportunity for one of biggest crowds outside of anzac day

Parra 29k - Weekend game, rivalry game

Gold coast 17.5k - Weakest game of the round imo, some hope building behind the team from last year and new coach and ditto for dragons so their qld fanbase might show up

Brisbane 33k - Qld derby but with no history built yet, only brisbane game, should be higher than round 1 last year but lets see

Round total - 190.7k
Round average - 23.8k

There is a sniff of getting every game 20k+ but it would take some marketing and maybe some ticket deals in GC & Melbourne. Newcastle, Parra, Mt Smart & Suncorp should easily top 20k but it’d be good to really target some big crowds to get the season rolling on a high.

Latest posts