What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Wb1234

Referee
The arrangement we have with Bathurst council is pretty much just upgrade your stadium bit by bit when you can and we’ll play there for free. Our fanbase there has absolutely exploded as a result and they’ve also snagged other events like a women’s wanderers game and even an Elton John concert. Perfect partnership.
Panthers are getting paid to play in Bathurst by the council

yakstorm

First Grade
The arrangement we have with Bathurst council is pretty much just upgrade your stadium bit by bit when you can and we’ll play there for free. Our fanbase there has absolutely exploded as a result and they’ve also snagged other events like a women’s wanderers game and even an Elton John concert. Perfect partnership.
Whilst it doesn't help with crowd averages, I do love this partnership the Panthers have built with Bathurst on so many levels. Firstly, for a club focused on building pathways and developing versus buying players, building that relationship with the Central West leagues just works.

Secondly from a supporter base perspective, the reality is, it was always going to be hard for the Panthers to grow their fanbase significantly going east, however the Blue Mountains is growing significantly population wise. Their home ground can capture the lower mountains on a regular basis, but by playing in Bathurst, they are able to capture the other side.

10 years on from the start of the partnership, it's great to see the growth. I hope even when the new stadium is finished, the club continues to take the game west.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Whilst it doesn't help with crowd averages, I do love this partnership the Panthers have built with Bathurst on so many levels. Firstly, for a club focused on building pathways and developing versus buying players, building that relationship with the Central West leagues just works.

Secondly from a supporter base perspective, the reality is, it was always going to be hard for the Panthers to grow their fanbase significantly going east, however the Blue Mountains is growing significantly population wise. Their home ground can capture the lower mountains on a regular basis, but by playing in Bathurst, they are able to capture the other side.

10 years on from the start of the partnership, it's great to see the growth. I hope even when the new stadium is finished, the club continues to take the game west.

Parra have a 5 year old stadium, and yet they still take a home game to Darwin each year. So Penrith will still have a similar arrangement of 11 games at a new redeveloped stadium, and one match at Bathurst.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The NT Government pays Parramatta a shit ton of money to get beaten in Darwin every year. Territorians continue to support their own teams regardless.

It must be worth it for them.

Iamback

Coach

The club has sponsors on board from out there, No way they change that

yakstorm

First Grade
Parra have a 5 year old stadium, and yet they still take a home game to Darwin each year. So Penrith will still have a similar arrangement of 11 games at a new redeveloped stadium, and one match at Bathurst.
I hope so. Eels get over a million a year in cash to go to the NT (plus other contra including free accommodation etc), so it's easy for them to financially justify taking a game away.

They also play at a venue which was multi-tennanted prior to the rebuild, so there was no minimum commitment requirement put on them by Venues NSW.

I just hope that doesn't change with Penrith.

Wb1234

Referee
I hope so. Eels get over a million a year in cash to go to the NT (plus other contra including free accommodation etc), so it's easy for them to financially justify taking a game away.

They also play at a venue which was multi-tennanted prior to the rebuild, so there was no minimum commitment requirement put on them by Venues NSW.

I just hope that doesn't change with Penrith.
Wow

thought it was only 300k (pretty sure Bathurst pays that to Penrith)

The_Wookie

Bench
Wow

thought it was only 300k (pretty sure Bathurst pays that to Penrith)

could be more. It was a 4 year deal that ended in 2017, thatr was a million a year

The deal is worth $4 million to the Eels and Giles threatened to rip it up last year over the club's ham-fisted governance, hinting taxpayer money might be better spent elsewhere.

seems to be worth it to the NT Gov

Last year’s ANZAC round clash between the Eels and Broncos brought $4.8m into the Territory economy, while participation numbers continue to grow in local competitions.

Steel Saints

Juniors
could be more. It was a 4 year deal that ended in 2017, thatr was a million a year

In the old days, each team played 22 games, eleven at home, eleven away. Early in the NRL era, when Souths were omitted, there were 14 teams, with 26 rounds.

Since Souths have returned, each team now plays 24 games, with 12 of them at home. So if Penrith and Parra continue to sell one match, they'll go back to having eleven home games, just like the old days.

Iamback

Coach

This is why clubs sell these games off, It is why places buy the games. Works for both parties