What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
The goal should be that they get at least the equal crowds that the Lions get. But this is about half of that (a bit over a half) level.
It's a worse crowd than the Titans were getting in their year 2.
They need to lift their F'ing gagame.
Lions Averaged 27k in 2023

Dolphins 25k (32k at Suncorp) in 2023

Dolphins have three big drawers left up their sleeve in 2024

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I take no satisfaction that I have won this argument.
I want the Dolphins to get their average up over 30k pronto. I am just saying they are making dumb suburban decisions. It seems you can take the club out of the burbs, but you can't take the burb out of the club.
Solutions: Start with the name. Call them Brisbane Dolphins.
Unrealistic expectation mate. It took the Broncos 5 years and a premiership to average over 30k and there was no other club to compete with

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Incredible contributions from the likes of @SLRBRONCOS and @yakstorm about NRL crowds and not those of other sports.

Looking forward to more updates throughout the week, thanks.
My pleasure! I actually have a call with the Broncos ticket manager this week which I’m really excited about. I'm keen to discuss my concerns with them - not that these concerns are that important. But I am a shareholder after all haha

Last edited:

Reflector

Juniors
Yeah I remember that far back as well. Phins need to keep winning and building their profile. That’s why I think it will take 5 years for them to really draw big crowds consistently. Be nice to see them and the broncos averaging well over 30000 each in the future. Broncos are bloody huge right now. I’m loving it.
Image just flashed in my mind of Darrell Eastlake decked out in Broncos gear...

Penrith fan

Juniors
Broncos are the number 1 ticket in Australia right now

And in the heart land of Brisbane, its not even close.

The Lions have fallen off the map and fumbleball is now about 5 pages back from the back page where it belongs.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Crowd Watch Sydney: NRL v AFL

''It's inevitable that the Sydney Swans will be the biggest sporting club in Australia'' - Andrew Pridham (Sydney Swans Chairman)

''We really believe the Giants can become one of the biggest sporting clubs in Australia'' - Gillon McLachlan (former AFL CEO)

Top 5 Sydney Crowds of 2024:

1. NRL: Dragons v Roosters at SFS – 40,727

2. AFL: Swans v Melbourne at SCG - 40,012
3. NRL: Roosters v Souths at SFS - 37,594
4. AFL: Swans v Gold Coast at SCG – 35,649
5. NRL: Souths v Bulldogs at Homebush - 35,275

Averages (Matches Played in Sydney only):

1714354275392.png

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Crowd Watch QLD Battlegrounds: NRL v AFL

''We’ll be the biggest sport in that market in 5-10 years across most metrics. It is changing. Queensland is pumping and becoming an AFL state and the Gold Coast has done their bit'' - Gillon McLachlan (former AFL CEO)

Top 5 Brisbane Crowds of 2024:

1. NRL: Broncos v Dolphins at Suncorp – 46,224
2. NRL: Broncos v Cowboys at Suncorp - 45,793
3. NRL: Broncos v Canberra at Suncorp – 37,286
4. NRL: Broncos v Souths at Suncorp - 35,507

5. AFL: Lions v Collingwood at Gabba - 34,022

Averages:
Broncos: 41,203
Lions: 32,606
Dolphins (Suncorp): 24,187
Dolphins: 20,643

Top 5 Gold Coast Crowds of 2024:

1. AFL: Suns v Richmond – 22,086
2. NRL: Titans v Dragons – 14,537
3. AFL: Suns v Hawthorn – 13,900
4. NRL: Titans v Dolphins – 13,898
5. NRL: Titans v Manly – 13,336

Averages:

Gold Coast Suns: 14,723
Gold Coast Titans: 13,924

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Home City Averages: NRL & Battleground AFL Clubs:

View attachment 87348
A bit of context here too...

Bulldogs have the Tigers, Dragons and Eels coming up as their next three home games which means they will not be on the bottom for much longer.

Titans have the Storm, Cowboys, Broncos and Warriors still to come, their average will shoot up the list too.

Dolphins have the Broncos, Storm and Warriors still to come.

GWS have only played two matches in Sydney this year and it is likely that their average will only drop from here.

Lions have Adelaide and and Suns coming up which are usually lower draws for them so they will drop.

Also, amazing to see 5 Sydney clubs averaging in the 20's, congrats to the clubs and their fans. Amazing work.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Broncs averaging over 40k is awesome. If nothing else, the Dolphins detractors have to admit that their inclusion has put a rocket up the arse of the Broncs. This is not just about on field performance. Their marketing and presence around town has notably lifted this year and last. They can't be lazy anymore and they might finally achieve their potential.

nko11

Juniors
Home City Averages: NRL & Battleground AFL Clubs:

View attachment 87348
Roosters average for a club that often cops it for not having fans, is amazing. Obviously new stadium helps, but other clubs should be looking very closely at their model. Imagine clubs like the Dragons, Tigers, Souths and the Dogs worked to get a model like this going. All clubs that traditionally have higher home support than the Roosters. Could have 4 clubs right there averaging 30k+ - Dogs are a bit harder with the stadiums currently available, but if they ever get something off the ground they will be easily averaging 30k+ maybe even towards 40k, if the capacity is 50k+

RedVee

First Grade
Roosters average for a club that often cops it for not having fans, is amazing. Obviously new stadium helps, but other clubs should be looking very closely at their model. Imagine clubs like the Dragons, Tigers, Souths and the Dogs worked to get a model like this going. All clubs that traditionally have higher home support than the Roosters. Could have 4 clubs right there averaging 30k+ - Dogs are a bit harder with the stadiums currently available, but if they ever get something off the ground they will be easily averaging 30k+ maybe even towards 40k, if the capacity is 50k+
Capacity 42,500. Basically the same as the old SFS. I had hoped they’d go for 50k