What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

shewi6

Juniors
Record is still 200,312 which we got in 2011. If we only count the double header once, we need 159,566 for the remaining 6 games or an average of 26,594.

Only Eels v Bulldogs and Dolphins v Cowboys are realistic chance of getting above that requirement. Sunday's Suncorp game had crazy walk ups and pushed into the mid to high 30's, Commbank sold out and all the others got 20K+, maybe we'd scape in, but it will be hard.

Last year's opening round got 147,775, so we need 107,029 across the remaining 6 (17,838 average). We should comfortably beat that.
Looks like parra should sell out and dolphins now have level 5 north on sale as well as some level 6 west bays, so might push 30k+ with more than 2 days of sales left.

I think we should get anywhere between 170k to 190k this weekend but I believe that will be a stronger result than 2011 when comparing the match ups.

2011 had a bronx game against the cowboys (45k), two big sydney rivalry games with more than 50 k combined, and a warriors game at eden park with nearly 40k.
Interestingly the GC also played the dragons and got 21k in 2011, back when both teams were more competitive and had a good bandwagon still.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I think we should get anywhere between 170k to 190k this weekend but I believe that will be a stronger result than 2011 when comparing the match ups.

2011 had a bronx game against the cowboys (45k), two big sydney rivalry games with more than 50 k combined, and a warriors game at eden park with nearly 40k.
Yes I understand there is a deeper level story to the 2011 figures, but it would good to beat the headline figure regardless.

shewi6

Juniors
Yes I understand there is a deeper level story to the 2011 figures, but it would good to beat the headline figure regardless.
I mean I don't think it is very likely to get beaten this year but there is a slim chance.

If brisbane gets behind the dolphins after watching 3 days of football and pushes their crowd towards 40k rather than the 30k its looking like, then we will get close.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Broncos vs Souths is selling pretty slowly, but still on track for 35-40k. I really want to hit 37-38k - we kinda need that to start the momentum for what I hope is our highest average attendance at Suncorp.

Broncos vs Cowboys two weeks later is selling restricted view, and pretty close to a sell out. A few bays of Diamond category seats in level 7 still available. Highway robbery!

yakstorm

First Grade
Interestingly the GC also played the dragons and got 21k in 2011, back when both teams were more competitive and had a good bandwagon still.
It's a shame how disengaged so many Dragons fans have become. During those early 2010's, the Dragons use to be a big drawer in places like South-East Queensland, Newcastle & Canberra.

Unfortunately don't see that turning around anytime soon.

Encouraging to see Dolphins finally releasing a significant number of seats. Hopefully the weather forecast improves over the coming days.

shewi6

Juniors
Broncos vs Souths is selling pretty slowly, but still on track for 35-40k. I really want to hit 37-38k - we kinda need that to start the momentum for what I hope is our highest average attendance at Suncorp.

Broncos vs Cowboys two weeks later is selling restricted view, and pretty close to a sell out. A few bays of Diamond category seats in level 7 still available. Highway robbery!
Would be awesome for them to break a 40k average this year but I think it is just out of reach unless they go the rest of the season undefeated.

Form and weather permitting, I could see 6 games cracking 40k tho.

shewi6

Juniors
It's a shame how disengaged so many Dragons fans have become. During those early 2010's, the Dragons use to be a big drawer in places like South-East Queensland, Newcastle & Canberra.

Unfortunately don't see that turning around anytime soon.

Encouraging to see Dolphins finally releasing a significant number of seats. Hopefully the weather forecast improves over the coming days.
Yeh I remember those years and dragons fans were everywhere.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
These f**king fox sports presents are kidding. 30 mins in to the pre game show they've already said Newcastle and Melbourne are 'sold out'. Have they even seen the ticket sales?

Now any potential fans who are thinking of going to the game think there's hardly any tickets left and won't bother.

Seriously the word sellout should never be mentioned by commentators unless the game is actually sold out. Idiots.

APPSY

Juniors
These f**king fox sports presents are kidding. 30 mins in to the pre game show they've already said Newcastle and Melbourne are 'sold out'. Have they even seen the ticket sales?

Now any potential fans who are thinking of going to the game think there's hardly any tickets left and won't bother.

Seriously the word sellout should never be mentioned by commentators unless the game is actually sold out. Idiots.
Genuinely baffling. Both top levels of the grandstands at Newy still have a fair amount of seats left. Unless they've had walk ups and haven't updated seating.

wests1

Juniors
Still plenty of seats left, but Melbourne looks like it might be healthier than we thought earlier this week. The entire ground is open and the lower stands are all down to single seats.
It’s no guarantee, but 20,000 isn’t out of the question.

yakstorm

First Grade
Solid crowd for Newcastle.

So looking to Melbourne tomorrow... the match is still behind sales for the following weekend against the Warriors. Anyway, I would say it's selling better than Australia v New Zealand at the end of last year, where 20,584 was named.

On the sidelines, sections 2-10 are sold out, or down to limited singles on the eastern side. On the western side 23 - 31 is in a similar position. Bronze seats behind the post are down to the back few rows and are pretty full. Same GA sections have also been selling strongly.

Clubhouse tickets are down to limited availability. Going up high, 74 - 76 have sold until the back 5 or so rows and same with 85 - 87 on the western side. There are sales in the other upper bays as well, although the corners are pretty empty.

Unlike the Test, the sales in the upper sections are pretty balanced across both sides. For the Melbourne Test, the TV arc side was relatively full, whilst the other side only had sales in the middle few bays.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 11.13.26 pm.png

Update on Commbank:

7 in Dogs bay
76 in gold
732 in silver
21 in bronze
3 in alcohol free
25 in platinum
1 in premium
GA North and GA South both unavailable and seemingly sold out.

At this rate it should be sold out by before the weekend.

Top 5 NRL Crowds at Commbank:
29,372 - Eels vs Broncos (EF 2019)
29,134 - Eels vs Raiders (SF 2022)
29,047 - Eels vs Tigers (Easter Monday 2019)
28,336 - Eels vs Tigers (Easter Monday 2022)
27,655 - Eels vs Bulldogs (2023)

Could be some movement in that list.

Only 144 tickets left on sale at Commbank for Saturday evening:
74 in gold
39 in silver
12 in bronze
1 in alcohol free
17 in platinum
1 in premium

Dogs Bay, GA North and GA South all unavailable and seemingly sold out

Latest posts