What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
All GA tickets have been sold at C.Ex International Stadium in Coffs Harbour, with only 12 single seats remaining in the Grandstand.

Hopefully the match can push the ground record of 10,838. Last game held there, Sixers BBL, drew around 10,400, so the ground can still hold 10K+.

Roosters v Dragons at Allianz has already surpassed total sales for last weekend's Roosters v Wests Tigers match, which is promising. Rain is going to be the biggest factor if this match finishes around 16-17K or pushes into the 20K range.

Cowboys v Manly is trending well. Unless sales stall, it's on track for 20K.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Hopefully with Allianz we see Roosters averaging up over 20k every year now and hopefully the Rabbitohs move there and build a similar crowd average.

I also hope the Storm keep growing and inch their way up to 25k at AAMI over the next 5 years.

Bulldogs looking like coming into a good patch over the next 5 years which is awesome for the league, they are easily a 22-25k averaging team when humming.

Wb1234

Referee
Hopefully with Allianz we see Roosters averaging up over 20k every year now and hopefully the Rabbitohs move there and build a similar crowd average.

I also hope the Storm keep growing and inch their way up to 25k at AAMI over the next 5 years.

Bulldogs looking like coming into a good patch over the next 5 years which is awesome for the league, they are easily a 22-25k averaging team when humming.
South’s doing well at Allianz will get over 25k average easy

A win against Penrith would be so valuable for our season for multiple reasons.

But slow sales, we need good form.

if we are in a position where a win pushes us into the 8 we should go close to a sellout.

If we were sitting around the top four,
I've previously asked this question generally. I'll put it again specifically to a Broncos fan -

Do you not hope one day to stop attaching all these caveats "if we win", "if our form is good", "if we're in the top 4", etc.

Man Utd don't need wins and good form to fill Old Trafford. This is what the Broncos should be aiming for. No reason why they shouldn't automatically sell out every game. Thereby increasing demand for Dolphins games at Suncorp.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
All categories still on sale for tonight. Expect a poor crowd from two apathetic fanbases. Thought Souths fans would have a little excitement after 4 straight wins with four winnable games to come, but no sadly not.

bazza

Immortal
I've previously asked this question generally. I'll put it again specifically to a Broncos fan -

Do you not hope one day to stop attaching all these caveats "if we win", "if our form is good", "if we're in the top 4", etc.

Man Utd don't need wins and good form to fill Old Trafford. This is what the Broncos should be aiming for. No reason why they shouldn't automatically sell out every game. Thereby increasing demand for Dolphins games at Suncorp.
should be for any team really (except maybe those playing at Homebush)
Warriors and Penrith are pretty close
I guess the aim is to get 70 - 80% of tickets sold to members before the season starts

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I'd absolutely love to drop those caveats, but those caveats are not isolated to the Broncos, or the NRL for that matter. We know that Australian fans are pretty chilled, and largely prefer to sit at home - unless there is hype around the event. Good form and ladder positioning is exactly the hype required. Playing like shit, dwindling hype, etc, diminishes from the event, and the result of that is fans preferring to watch and suffer at home.

As for the Man U comparison - the NRL will never have the attendance culture that international Football/Soccer leagues have, so it isn't really a fair comparison. Their league is built on generations of hooliganism, huge supporting populations, and also, given their competition systems, one might argue that our finals series diminishes our regular season events. Every game is important for them. Meanwhile, we have a pretend league during origin, and the last few rounds are often a farce as teams rest players. But back to the point, with much cheaper tickets every game just might have sold out so far, so maybe we are pretty close to where you thought we should be.

yakstorm

First Grade
When was it decided?
The fixture was launched in February, but would have been decided well before that. Even though it may not have been known it would be this wet every weekend, reality is Sharks v Titans at 6pm on a Friday in early July is a hard sell at the best of times, the crowd opportunity risk was always going to be minimal.

Origin period is always a hard sell in Sydney just because squads are disrupted, weather is usually dark & cold (if not wet as well). For me this is the time of year you take games away from Sydney. IMO Penrith's Bathurst match and the Bulldogs Bundaberg games are too early & too late respectively.

yakstorm

First Grade
Encouraging signs for Sunday at Allianz with additional bays on Level 2 now open, including behind the goal posts on the southern side.

Last Roosters game they were open for was maybe Storm, so tracking more for 17K+. Club has put out a call to arms to celebrate JWH & is also hosting old boys activities, which generally help move tickets.

Bulldogs have brought back the Dance Spectacular for Saturday's game, which is always a guaranteed crowd booster.