What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

shewi6

Juniors
Why Should the Sharks leave there home field to play 30km away?
Because it is a f**king shithole and an embarrassment to the NRL.

They are probably losing considerable amounts of money due to lack of capacity, the corporate boxes on the east not being open and pretty sure the leagues club is still closed so playing at 'home' isn't benefiting that side of the business either.

I also didn't advocate taking all the games to the sfs, but now was the best time for them to at least trial it.
Get people used to going there, experiencing a great atmosphere with a big crowd and the most modern facilities.

But yes you might be right, all those benefits just don't outweigh the absolute tragedy of having to travel 26km.

Because they are a small time suburban club, all of their fans live in the same suburb as the team name and they haven't garnered wide spread support.

Generalzod

Immortal
Because it is a f**king shithole and an embarrassment to the NRL.

They are probably losing considerable amounts of money due to lack of capacity, the corporate boxes on the east not being open and pretty sure the leagues club is still closed so playing at 'home' isn't benefiting that side of the business either.

I also didn't advocate taking all the games to the sfs, but now was the best time for them to at least trial it.
Get people used to going there, experiencing a great atmosphere with a big crowd and the most modern facilities.

But yes you might be right, all those benefits just don't outweigh the absolute tragedy of having to travel 26km.

Because they are a small time suburban club, all of their fans live in the same suburb as the team name and they haven't garnered wide spread support.
lol your are full of shit…

Generalzod

Immortal
Hmmm, compelling rebuttal.

Point to me where I said something false. Everything I have said is the plain truth that anyone can see.
Indeed like the crap you wrote, you want me to believe the Sharks field is a shit hole because you told me so lol…

Suitman

Post Whore
Hmmm, compelling rebuttal.

Point to me where I said something false. Everything I have said is the plain truth that anyone can see.

As I said earlier, the only people defending Shark Park are Sharks fans.
Everyone else, including Poms, are correct in surmising that it is no better than a local park with a few plastic seats.
Attendances are shockingly embarrassing for a club that is actually riding quite high.

shewi6

Juniors
Indeed like the crap you wrote, you want me to believe the Sharks field is a shit hole because you told me so lol…
f**king hell mate, just open ur eyes and believe what they show u.

It was the worst suburban dump when it was at full capacity, somehow worse than brookie was.

Now it is severely compromised and with no plans, funds, land or will to upgrade it for what a team in the nrl should accept and aspire to.

Last edited:

shewi6

Juniors
Damn, but 34.2k is still great. Was hoping to go a season with all crowds over 35k.
A great crowd indeed. Good on the broncos for trying something different too with the cheaper level 7 tickets for this origin and form affected game.

Unfortunately I feel the 40k average slipping throught the fingers if they can't bag a win soon.
But still awesome year already for crowds.

Vlad59

Bench
Are you denying that the new Hobart stadium that you vehemently are against (which your view I support btw) is going to cost less than a billion and that the Feds haven't committed $600 million to?
As for Morrison, it's not corruption, it the way the system works. Why are Penrith getting $300 million thrown at their stadium? Stuart Ayres anyone?
You idiot. The Tasmanian ground is going to cost 1.6 billion on latest estimates and nobody knows who’s funding it because Albo has guaranteed 250 million and the state under 400 million. Where is the rest? And as for Penrith. It’s a state owned ground. Cronulla is privately owned by the club. Are you really this stupid? You are comparing apples with watermelons mate.

Brutus

Referee
Imagine if the grand final was played at Shark Park.

Or the Origin decider.

Or the Soccer World Cup final.

Or a Taylor Swift concert.

shewi6

Juniors
Because idiots say so. Feck me. 5 years ago we’d not have believed this to be a problem. Now every wanker is jumping in the bandwagon
Shark park hasn't been up to standard for 25 years.

Maybe if they had some vision, played a couple games at the sfs over the years broadening their fanbase, they could have banked up some money and would have been in a postion to upgrade the stadium and have better terms with the company that did 'the development'.

Cronulla to moore park is 26km, I drive that distance to work each way every day and manage to survive.
It aint hard.

shewi6

Juniors
Gotta love the haters and how they lose their shit over something their opinion has absolutely no bearing over.

it is just so satisfying knowing none of their brain farts matter.

Go boys, ramble on
Don't care if my opinion won't change anything, still entitled to express it.

Don't really hate, I would actually love for them to have a great home stadium, it's more pity at how much shitness they are comfortable accepting for so long.

Shit clubs should know that they are shit and why.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Shark park hasn't been up to standard for 25 years.

Maybe if they had some vision, played a couple games at the sfs over the years broadening their fanbase, they could have banked up some money and would have been in a postion to upgrade the stadium and have better terms with the company that did 'the development'.

Cronulla to moore park is 26km, I drive that distance to work each way every day and manage to survive.
It aint hard.
I hate the Sharks as much as anyone but you're a f**king moron if you think they will draw crowds at the SFS.