What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

jim_57

Staff member
Yep. So stupid.

Approximately 4k seats unopened, and ticketek:

View attachment 90997

Few things for the Broncos to look at next year. This (too) slow release strategy, some kind of stadium member opt-in/resale system and re-jig of the GA system they use.

I understand they pay more for opening more bays but they could open up the stadium for Bulldogs and Storm games now as you’d be 95% sure they’ll both sell out or go close.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Few things for the Broncos to look at next year. This (too) slow release strategy, some kind of stadium member opt-in/resale system and re-jig of the GA system they use.

I understand they pay more for opening more bays but they could open up the stadium for Bulldogs and Storm games now as you’d be 95% sure they’ll both sell out or go close.
Yep! I am putting together a big (but polite) email to them. And you're so correct - the Bulldogs and Storm games should be completely open. I was a bit sheepish about the Storm game given it's a Thursday, but it is very likely Oates last game for the club, and he is very well loved, so it will sell out if so.

I used to think that they were billed dependent on the stands used, but I have a feeling that once level 7 is open they are already billed for all of level 7 rather than different charges for south, east, and west. I think this because for the Cronulla game they opened level 7 north well before level 7 east was close to sold out. If they were billed more to open level 7 north, it would have been far smarter to just recategorise a few bays in level 7 east to sell them.

Stadium members are the worst. They have to opt in for Origins and Bledisloes, the Broncos should request that.

I also asked the Broncos to release tickets sold vs attendance data.

Vee

First Grade
I guarantee if the Sharks were able to get to 16k capacity, the demand for tickets has created an attendance culture and they'll still sell it out every week. ET stand will get rebuilt in the next 10 years, guarantee it. 16k average long term would be a good result for a what is a relatively small pocket of Sydney. Passionate fans down in the Shire.
Yeah? You guarantee it? What's that worth?

Vlad59

Bench
For those interested it’s very common for elite competitions to have clubs with varying stadium capacities. Here’s one you may have heard of.

Apparently that’s okay for the EPL. It also applies to every other elite football competition in Europe.

Go sharks!

Vlad59

Bench
What is truth...lol
He’s a very strange man. The other day he commented on my clothing choices. I’m starting to think he’s stalking me. He’s also obsessed with my social life. He’s made comments about that on a regular basis. Not normal at all.

Vlad59

Bench
Pretty much every game that is a sellout is announced in this thread.
I don't remember any announcement re last night's game.
Potter is just having his weekly whinge about the Sharks. We trigger him for some reason. Some old bloke sitting in Pommy land complaining about a stadium in Sydney. Very strange.

Suitman

Post Whore
Potter is just having his weekly whinge about the Sharks. We trigger him for some reason. Some old bloke sitting in Pommy land complaining about a stadium in Sydney. Very strange.

With all due respect mate, I think his debate is reasonable.
The Sharks are a reasonably successful club of late, generally playing good entertaining football, yet their crowds are worse than poor. The lowest in the NRL. Just look at Manly even. Another shite ground but at least they properly sell out their games with a reasonable figure of around 17000.
Even the Tigers coming last and in embarrassing form are doing better crowd wise than the Sharks.
It's ironic that the only people on this thread defending Sharks crowds are actually Sharks fans. Nobody else is.

I actually feel sorry for Sharks fans that their club has put real estate investment and profit ahead of facilities for their fans. I'd love for govt funds to be allocated to your ground but can't see it happening anytime soon. Your club had your chance when Morrison was PM yet blew it. In the meantime, Tassie get more than $600 million in Federal Govt funding for a contentious stadium.

Your club deserves all the criticism it gets when it comes to talking about attendances. If you had a reasonable 20 000 capacity stadium I reckon it would be regularly filled, and none of this criticism would be levelled at the Sharks.
10 000 crowds are just not on.

Vlad59

Bench
With all due respect mate, I think his debate is reasonable.
The Sharks are a reasonably successful club of late, generally playing good entertaining football, yet their crowds are worse than poor. The lowest in the NRL. Just look at Manly even. Another shite ground but at least they properly sell out their games with a reasonable figure of around 17000.
Even the Tigers coming last and in embarrassing form are doing better crowd wise than the Sharks.
It's ironic that the only people on this thread defending Sharks crowds are actually Sharks fans. Nobody else is.

I actually feel sorry for Sharks fans that their club has put real estate investment and profit ahead of facilities for their fans. I'd love for govt funds to be allocated to your ground but can't see it happening anytime soon. Your club had your chance when Morrison was PM yet blew it. In the meantime, Tassie get more than $600 million in Federal Govt funding for a contentious stadium.

Your club deserves all the criticism it gets when it comes to talking about attendances. If you had a reasonable 20 000 capacity stadium I reckon it would be regularly filled, and none of this criticism would be levelled at the Sharks.
10 000 crowds are just not on.
Boy oh boy you’ve made up some rubbish there. Where on earth did you get 600 million for the stadium in Hobart ? It’s 250 million for a start. And what that had to do with us I’ll never know. Our ground is limited right now because of the development. Manly outdraws us because of capacity. Good on them but making that comparison is outright stupidity. We have a great club at the moment. The management of the club is excellent. As for Morrison. wtf has that to do with anything? The PM should not be throwing money at a ground just because he lives in the area. That’s graft and corruption. And whether anybody defends us is irrelevant. Why should we care? Try not to write so much utter shite in future. If you want that wanker Potter as a mate then enjoy his weekly whinge. You deserve him. Go sharks and you can GFY. Kind regards. Vlad

Latest posts