What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Tv ratings are the only thing that matters to the NRL

Are they putting up another $100k for a fleet of private buses to get fans to the game?

Nope!

Watch it on TV….they’ll love it
NRL get the revenue from finals tickets. Im pretty sure they would rather not lose hundreds of thousands $'s due to sht supported clubs.

Suitman

Post Whore
Tv ratings are the only thing that matters to the NRL

Are they putting up another $100k for a fleet of private buses to get fans to the game?

Nope!

Watch it on TV….they’ll love it

Fair enough.

However, I'm pretty sure V'Landys would be concerned about the size of the crowd, with the sell-out next door tonight.

As I said, I hope normal services resume after 6 PM.

Vlad59

Bench
Fair enough.

However, I'm pretty sure V'Landys would be concerned about the size of the crowd, with the sell-out next door tonight.

As I said, I hope normal services resume after 6 PM.
I think PRs comment above is right. Why would the NRL be happy to lose $ from a poor crowd? We’ve already been paid for the telecast.

Suitman

Post Whore
Interesting as it was due to leave Cronulla station at 5.05 pm and that is the normal time for the scheduled Cronulla to Bondi Junction train is .

Ok. Maybe I got it wrong. Appreciate the insight. Maybe Gal/Sharks/NRL just highjacked one of the regular services for his G-Train bullshit.
If it was that service, the RTBU f**ked it right up anyway.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Is tonights game statistically the worst possible match up for nrl crowd wise .. out of the 81 possible Sydney v non Syd permutations

Could it be literally be the 81st worst option

yakstorm

First Grade
I also think Cowboys would draw more than Melbourne.
A few years ago I'd agree, but there is a surprising number of young kids in western Sydney who are Storm fans. I'm always surprised when my kid's school has Jersey Day how many have Storm gear or how many I see walking around in purple at the local shops.

Clearly they've decided not to follow their parents into a life of disappointment and picked a side other than the Eels. Storm also have the advantage of being able to get any displaced Victorians to watch them.

Iamback

Coach
NRL get the revenue from finals tickets. Im pretty sure they would rather not lose hundreds of thousands $'s due to sht supported clubs.

The winner tonight plays the Sat night Prelim.

Playing it on Sunday gets 30k. Tonight probably 18k.

If they cared they'd do things to make it easier for fans