What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Bench
I don't think it is unrealistic to think that the game lost 5k in Stadium members with the AFL on.

Add another 5k with the Friday night and train dramas.

No reason the same game can't draw 30k if it was better scheduled.

Throw in cheap family tickets and food deals and you get it to $35k.

But the NRL chose to keep the norm
Ratings should be okay. The game was close enough. Crowd was a bit ugh but on the end of an amazing season it has to be given context.

Fangs

Coach
Why anybody would engage in behaviour like this I’ll never know. I cannot imagine ever going to a fumble site for any reason.

It's particularly odd but when you feel threatened these types of behaviours start coming out.

Nothing to be threatened about however. A better international sport is growing bigger than theirs. Who cares? AFL has a good little following in Australia I'd be stoked if I was a fan.

Iamback

Coach
Ratings should be okay. The game was close enough. Crowd was a bit ugh but on the end of an amazing season it has to be given context.

Ratings were ok last year when the Warriors finals got changed to a Sat afternoon.

NRL clearly were ok with a smaller crowd offset by the good ratings.

Vlad59

Bench
It's particularly odd but when you feel threatened these types of behaviours start coming out.

Nothing to be threatened about however. A better international sport is growing bigger than theirs. Who cares? AFL has a good little following in Australia I'd be stoked if I was a fan.
Top comment. He’s obviously triggered otherwise why would he bother. We are going along quite nicely thank you. And that’s his problem

nko11

Juniors
GX6jS8xaUAQrmao

Certainly not the best crowd and still plenty of room for improvement. Sub 30k finals crowds past week 1 will hopefully be a thing of the past soon enough. To be fair this is probably the absolute baseline now for week 2 finals. Can't think of a worse pairing of teams, venue and circumstances.

To put it in perspective in 2010 we had a semi final at SFS between Roosters and Penrith that only got 23,459. We're still making progress.

DIOGENES

Juniors
A crowd of 5,000 is needed tonight to set the all time season aggregate record.
I think austadiums is the best source now as they count events rather than games and base the average on the number of events.
The current average is 20,105 and will improve with the remaining 4 events - a significant landmark.

DIOGENES

Juniors
A team from 2000km away with minimal support in Sydney plays a Sydney team with probably the lowest supporter base on a day when the rail system is disrupted draws 20000 to a semi final.
Not bad.
The equivalent game last year 19,534 Storm v Roosters @ AAMI.
I guess excuses could be made for it being in hostile territory.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The equivalent game last year 19,534 Storm v Roosters @ AAMI.
I guess excuses could be made for it being in hostile territory.
I'm assuming you've got a point?
And that you're aware that there are 37 flights per day from Sydney to Melbourne versus 2 per day Townsville to Sydney.

Or is your argument that Melbourne isn't actually the sporting capital of the world?

I've seriously got no idea of the point or purpose of your reply.

DIOGENES

Juniors
My point was to agree with you that last night was not the unprecedented disaster that some believe. Given the circumstances, just under 20K was inline with most expectations.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
My point was to agree with you that last night was not the unprecedented disaster that some believe. Given the circumstances, just under 20K was inline with most expectations.
Ok, fair enough, like I said I wasn't sure of where you were coming from.

Latest posts