What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Craigshark

First Grade
I don’t think 20% of potential attendees were kept away. Would have been 22-23k.

Any other Sydney team would have cracked 25k for a week 2 final against a non-Sydney team. Would expect several (Roosters, Eels, Souths, Bulldogs) would be comfortably in the 30s. Manly, Dragons & Penrith! would push 30. Tigers last ever finals game was a week 2 game on a Friday night against the Wahs in 2011. Pulled 27k.

haha wtf would a tigers fan know about finals and crowds..

Valheru

Coach
I don’t think 20% of potential attendees were kept away. Would have been 22-23k.

Any other Sydney team would have cracked 25k for a week 2 final against a non-Sydney team. Would expect several (Roosters, Eels, Souths, Bulldogs) would be comfortably in the 30s. Manly, Dragons & Penrith! would push 30. Tigers last ever finals game was a week 2 game on a Friday night against the Wahs in 2011. Pulled 27k.
I'm not sure that manly do any better under the same circumstances. I only bring them up as they are the best like for like comparison with cronulla

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Hahajahahahahahahahahahahaha afl crowds will be cracking 130k plus for the weekend while this minnow sport will be celebrating 60k

Yet we haven't had our prelim weekend yet.

Dogs 50k (one of 9 Sydney clubs)

Swans 44k with all the city's AFL fans funnelled into the one team (no one follows GWS)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
One thing I'm pissed about Allianz is why not build it to 50k when it was razed, instead of giving it the same capacity? Those extra seats would still be great viewing

Does little to future proof and cater for bigger events
Yep I feel the same about Suncorp when they rebuilt it. We had a 60k stadium (QE2) and the new Suncorp was built at 52k, should have been at the bare min 60, if not 65k

kurt faulk

Coach
One thing I'm pissed about Allianz is why not build it to 50k when it was razed, instead of giving it the same capacity? Those extra seats would still be great viewing

Does little to future proof and cater for bigger events

How could they have built it bigger? It was constrained in every direction.

Latest posts