What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Willy2452

Juniors
So does that mean to new hill capacity limit is only around 4000 if there is approx 13000 seats at the ground?

Suitman

Post Whore
Brookie needs its old capacity.

I wish.

I'm pretty sure it will never beat its record crowd (as a dump of a ground) of 27 655 back in 1986 vs the Eels.

Unless it gets a Commbank stadium type upgrade. I'll be dead by then.

jim_57

Staff member
137,079 so far from 5 games.

63,233 from last 3 games need to break the record (200,312).

Capacity of remaining 3 games is roughly 68k.

RedVee

First Grade
So does that mean to new hill capacity limit is only around 4000 if there is approx 13000 seats at the ground?
From the WIN Stadium website

WIN Stadium is designed as a multi-purpose facility with the ability to host a variety of sporting and special events. The venue capacity is 22,000 with approximately 13,000 seats undercover.

The Western Grandstand, completed in 2012, replaces the previous 50 year old grandstand, with a new two-tiered stand of 6,000 seats, boosting capacity of the Stadium to 22,000.

yakstorm

First Grade
It's strange that the venue has a supposed capacity of 22,000, yet the largest crowd at the venue is 19,608.

It's not like it hasn't held Finals matches, Test matches or even Rugby World Cup games, so you'd think one would have surpassed the 20K mark.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's strange that the venue has a supposed capacity of 22,000, yet the largest crowd at the venue is 19,608.

It's not like it hasn't held Finals matches, Test matches or even Rugby World Cup games, so you'd think one would have surpassed the 20K mark.
There’s no way you’re fitting 9000 on that hill lol. Real capacity is probably 18-19k tops.

RedVee

First Grade

Yep, I was at that game - it was at capacity or near enough.
same at Jubilee, the new grandstand opened and the council says capacity now 22k… we had a game vs Cronulla and the police enforced a reduction in hill capacity. Realistic allowed capacity is about 18000.

Vee

First Grade
That’s a terrible crowd. I know Titans aren’t doing well but how many QLD derbies do they honestly get? They want another team.
I thought it was a great crowd given the Titans form. I can't believe that many still turn up to watch them.

If only the Dragons had some 'Illawarra' in their look more fans would return to WIN

I would agree, but not just a Steelers jumper…

The Steelers were only around for 16 years and we are coming up on 25 since the merge. The only people that would do anything for are old f@@kers like me, and I would be going to the game anyway if I still lived in the area.

Dragons do need to do more to engage with Illawarra fans (maybe they are now, there was not much when I was there). A dedicated jumper and an unofficial renaming to Illawarra Dragons on the jersey (maybe across the shoulders) would do well

Yosemite Sam

Juniors

It's capacity has never been fully tested since the new western stand was built in 2011. That record crowd was set in a finals match back in 2005, which had the much smaller capacity western stand.

Again the problem is the hill. It was nowhere near capacity again today. It seems like the fun police have significantly reduced the capacity of all stadiums with hills. If everyone is standing and packed on the hill you would get to 22k at a stretch.

There was also quite a few empty seats in the northern stand too.

kurt faulk

Coach

The saints have done enough pandering to the Steelers. First they dumped a great coach in David Waite for freaking Andrew Farrar. That was like downgrading from mastermind to tiddlywinks. Then down the road saints fans had to endure 8 years of that drunk Paul McGregor. Enough.

Better to ditch the Illawarra name from the title and remove the stench of defeat the Steelers have anchored the club with for 25 years now.

final say

Juniors
That’s a terrible crowd. I know Titans aren’t doing well but how many QLD derbies do they honestly get? They want another team.
That's the worst team in the comp( 3 floggings by poor opposition) zero reason for optimism..zero. if your a titans fan, the only thing more painful than watching them is paying for it.
And the Dolphins are new( probably have the least support in the comp) there support is geographically limited as they are new( not exactly flying either! Not in anyone's top 8)
There's no rivalry whatsoever, these things take time.
13k is a relief!

Canard

Immortal
Two poor crowds on Saturday.

No excuses.

BUT I'll give them anyway.

WIN is tapped out as a stadium and will struggle to hold much more than yesterday's crowd.

As for the Tits, they are in a huge hole, and I suspect most fans don't care for Hasler and believe he is dead man walking already.