What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Diesel

Referee
I haven’t seen GWS crowds for a few years, but wtd those numbers reliable when everyone has been questioning GWS crowds for years

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
State of Origin Game III at Suncorp has sold out.
Only single seat and accessability seats are available for Maroon & Blatchy Blues members.
View attachment 87373
Brisbane is wild - actually sold out in mid March, but I was expecting some to be held back but it seems not! Great outcome.

And some in the stadium thread think that a 65k Suncorp won’t ever sell out!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos are doing some different things for this Roosters game.

Usually when they open level 7 east, they start with bays 721 and 722 in the 'sideline' category. They've gone with 721 and 720 for this fixture - so more towards the south east side. In addition to this, they have randomly opened level 7 north but opened section 730 and 733 both under the category 'behind the posts'. Usually they'd start with sections 726-730 as 'corner'. Having gaps between bays utilised is odd, and not usually how they operate.

This makes me think that the level 7 east sections 722-726 might be reserved for something else. Total speculation though, but it seems odd that level 7 north would be utilised before level 7 east is sold. If this is the case, 40-42k is back on the cards! But this might be a false start, and I'll check back throughout the week.

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
It's a shame that the weekend is looking to be so wet, as the Bulldogs v Wests Tigers game is showing some promising sales signs with Bays 126 - 134 in the west with most bays down to limited seating or sold out. If there was no planned rain, I'd reckon it would be pushing 20K. If it's as wet as they are predicting, then unfortunately half of that.

ouwet

Bench
It's a shame that the weekend is looking to be so wet, as the Bulldogs v Wests Tigers game is showing some promising sales signs with Bays 126 - 134 in the west with most bays down to limited seating or sold out. If there was no planned rain, I'd reckon it would be pushing 20K. If it's as wet as they are predicting, then unfortunately half of that.

It's shame! Some Bulldog supporters who haven't gone in years are all of a sudden come out of know where wanting to go to games...

Unless it's horrific weather I still think we'll get around 12-13K with rain... 24-26K without rain.

yakstorm

First Grade
And some in the stadium thread think that a 65k Suncorp won’t ever sell out!
It's crazy that anyone thinks 65K is too big. I mean just between Origin, Broncos & Magic Round, Suncorp has already 'sold out' six times this year alone just for Rugby League.

Origin, Magic Round and the Battle of Brisbane games could comfortably get 80K there if the venue supported it and it's not like RL is the only thing the stadium hosts.

Wb1234

Referee
It's crazy that anyone thinks 65K is too big. I mean just between Origin, Broncos & Magic Round, Suncorp has already 'sold out' six times this year alone just for Rugby League.

Origin, Magic Round and the Battle of Brisbane games could comfortably get 80K there if the venue supported it and it's not like RL is the only thing the stadium hosts.
80k would be amazing for origin

homebush is good with 83k in it but suncorp would be something else

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos have now released the north east corners and some more tickets up in level 7 north. This is interesting - they never do this until level 7 east has sold.

Really good work from the Broncos - I just wish that they did this last Friday.

They've also released a few more areas for the games against the Titans, Sharks and Penrith.

Yes its great to see post covid the NRL attendances now getting to decent levels for the majority of clubs. I remember when people mocked Dave Smith for putting a 20k avg goal in the NRL strategic plan!
New stadiums make a big difference, hard to build crowds if your stadium cant hold them. It still feels Allianz and Commbank are under utilised but as clubs see the other clubs in those stadiums financially pulling away it may motivate them to rethink suburbia.
The only reason last year's average nudged past 19k is because of the Dolphins' averaging 25k. If the NRL went with your vision and added Perth the average would drop.

If you want the NRL to average 20k+ then bring in NZ2, BRIS3 and NZ3.

shewi6

Juniors
Why would the dolphins be holding off on selling tickets to their Perth game?
They seem to do weird things selling tickets in advance.
Their home game against the broncos has had nothing but wheelchair access seats available since the start of the season yet they haven't released the middle or top tier seats for sale.