What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

t-ba

Post Whore
The AFL switched off both Sunday nights and Monday nights to protect attendance a few years back. Exceptions seemingly the day before public holidays (such as today).

In the AFLs case at least, the clubs derive as much money from matchday and membership as they do from the leagues distributions, they are wanting to protect and grow that somewhat.

Do they ever use a Western Australia match in an East Coast Sunday Evening slot?

T-Boon

Coach
That's just an example, not what would have to happen every week. It doesn't even need to be 4 metros. Even 3 - Sydney, Brisbane & 1 other out Melbourne or Adelaide will result in a timeslot win on a Sunday night because the East Coast has most of the population.

I was talking about the specific Sunday night primetime slot. No sport has done it in Australia even though it's a staple in the states. Doing it on a Friday is rare for the AFL. They do it on Saturdays.

Again - I'm talking Sunday nights, the biggest viewing day of the whole week. It's only a matter of time before the lightbulb switches on to do it on a Sunday as other Sunday night programming wanes in popularity.
People use to watch A current affair type stuff on Sunday night but that is dying fast as people don’t want that BS any more. Your are 100% right.

T-Boon

Coach
this occurred to me just before I read your post.

NRL crowds are going great. No need for AFL chat. my apologies
Got to keep on improving the NRL crowds. It’s like Andy Dufrane with his library letters in Shawshank. Double the effort.

Reactions: Vee

docbrown

Coach
People use to watch A current affair type stuff on Sunday night but that is dying fast as people don’t want that BS any more. Your are 100% right.
There's barely any post news halos. Come 7 & 7:30 they flick to streaming services.

yakstorm

First Grade
Currently at 125,785 after 7 games (17,969 average) with just Shark Park to be announced.

Definitely more than 4,215 there, so we'll at least get to 130K for the round.

Brian potter

Bench
Amazing crowd considering the conditions. It's a shame that when Newcastle was upgraded that they didn't build more shelter for the lower tier.
People talk and rightfully so about how big the warriors could be if they won a grandfinal but seriously how big could the knights be if they regularly challenged for the top 4 and won a grandfinal?

Latest posts