What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Top 10 Sydney Crowds of 2024:

1. AFL: Swans v Carlton at SCG – 44,047
2. NRL: Dragons v Roosters at SFS – 40,727
3. AFL: Swans v GWS at SCG – 40,337
4. AFL: Swans v Melbourne at SCG - 40,012
5. NRL: Roosters v Souths at SFS - 37,594
6. AFL: Swans v Gold Coast at SCG – 35,649
7. NRL: Souths v Bulldogs at Homebush - 35,275
8. AFL: Swans v Essendon at SCG – 34.954
9. NRL: Parramatta v Canterbury at WSS – 29,171
10. NRL: Parramatta v Wests Tigers at WSS – 28,608
44,047 is now our benchmark to beat in Sydney this year...if the Dogs get back on track and Parra can topple Souths and have a go against the Sharks, maybe the King's Birthday could give it a run for its money...

Last edited:

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Such a shame that our one of our two biggest all-Sydney games this weekend is on a Thursday and the other is at the Bermuda Triangle

If we moved either Thursday night or Friday 6pm to a 1:30 Saturday slot (3pm could move to 3:30) after the ANZAC Day weekend, Dogs v Dragons could have drawn 25k

That slot is regularly the biggest in Melbourne for the fumblers as it is family and regional fan friendly due to being in the middle of the day. People travel from as far away as Albury and Echuca to go, and it's usually at the MCG.

As an example, last week's game drew 63k, and it involved an interstate club (Adelaide), which was by far and away their biggest crowd of the weekend (none of the others could crack 45k).

As for the NRL, we'll schedule a game in Townsville for 6pm Friday, when no one from Cairns or Mackay or anywhere can get there!

Last edited:
44,047 is now our benchmark to beat in Sydney this year...if the Dogs get back on track and Parra can topple Souths and have a go against the Sharks, maybe the King's Birthday could give it a run for its money...
Do we really have to this continued and I think really rather pointless references to fumbleball crowds, let`s just concentrate on our own, I`d really rather not give them the oxygen.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Such a shame that our one of our two biggest all-Sydney games this weekend is on a Thursday and the other is at the Bermuda Triangle

If we moved either Thursday night or Friday 6pm to a 1:30 Saturday slot (3pm could move to 3:30) after the ANZAC Day weekend, Dogs v Dragons could have drawn 25k

That slot is regularly the biggest in Melbourne for the fumblers as it is family and regional fan friendly due to being in the middle of the day. People travel from as far away as Albury and Echuca to go, and it's usually at the MCG.

As an example, last week's game drew 63k, and it involved an interstate club (Adelaide), which was by far and away their biggest crowd of the weekend (none of the others could crack 45k).

As for the NRL, we'll schedule a game in Townsville for 6pm Friday, when no one from Cairns or Mackay or anywhere can get there!
No one gives a flying f**k about fumbleball. Wrong thread, wrong forum, try big footy.

SouthsCountry

Juniors
Do we really have to this continued and I think really rather pointless references to fumbleball crowds, let`s just concentrate on our own, I`d really rather not give them the oxygen.

No one gives a flying f**k about fumbleball. Wrong thread, wrong forum, try big footy.
Yep let's keep doing the same forever and stagnate!!! No new ideas, no looking at competitors in the industry! Bring on the 12,000 at both games :)

Last edited:

yobbo84

Coach
Souths vs Parra at 7:30pm on a Saturday for indigenous round - this should be one of our highest drawing crowds of the year.

But because the Eels are hopeless and Souths are worse with the defensive resolve of the 1999 Wests side..... it's not going to be great. Accor is not a ground you get casuals to go to.

Probably 10-12k unfortunately.

Souths vs Parra at 7:30pm on a Saturday for indigenous round - this should be one of our highest drawing crowds of the year.

But because the Eels are hopeless and Souths are worse with the defensive resolve of the 1999 Wests side..... it's not going to be great. Accor is not a ground you get casuals to go to.

Probably 10-12k unfortunately.
Possibly wrong thread to be asking this... but what is the benefit of having Accor as a home ground?

I've read a few times now its not a great ground for attracting casual fans. Its obviously fking massive too so anything less than 40k must still feel devoid of atmosphere, and given that size, I cant imagine its cheap to use either?

Is there anything preventing the Rabbits and Dogs moving their home games to Allianz and/or CommBank?

yobbo84

Coach
Possibly wrong thread to be asking this... but what is the benefit of having Accor as a home ground?

I've read a few times now its not a great ground for attracting casual fans. Its obviously fking massive too so anything less than 40k must still feel devoid of atmosphere, and given that size, I cant imagine its cheap to use either?

Is there anything preventing the Rabbits and Dogs moving their home games to Allianz and/or CommBank?
$$$$

Venues NSW now owns both Accor and Allianz... if Souths move to Allianz they risk Accor becoming a white elephant

That and the stupid deal Solly did

yakstorm

First Grade
Bulldogs v Dragons is trending similar pre-sale wise as the Bulldogs matches against Knights and Wests Tigers, which hopefully means it's on track for 17K+. All NRL School 2 Work participants, and those involved in the Boots For Brighter Futures Program (plus their families) have also been given tickets to the match, which should add a couple of thousand to the members and sales tickets.

Cowboys pre-sales have really picked up since Saturday's win with that match trending towards 18K/19K. Biggest unknown is how many members can turn up for a 6pm Friday game.

Warriors is well on track for a sell out with the grandstand set to sell out in the coming days.

yakstorm

First Grade
At minimum I'd guess 25k+ sold now. If you're thinking of going, I'd be getting tickets in the next couple of days. As long as the weather plays its part, I think the record crowd will fall. Gonna be a great atmosphere.
It's looking like there is only the hills and then single seats everywhere else. It's incredible the rate of uptake considering the game is still a couple of weeks away.

Theknightsrule7

Juniors
Should be 3 games on Sunday

12pm (2pm nz) Warriors vs Dolphins
2pm Broncos vs Titans
4pm Bulldogs vs Dragons

Thursday night games need to be seriously limited in future. Bulldogs are robbed of a few thousand this weekend due to tv deals.

Vlad59

Juniors
Should be based on how many tickets you buy, 150k were available. Any other way is disingenuous.
So if I buy a season ticket I get counted once? Of course. How bloody logical. Applying your logic it doesn’t matter how many people attend a game it only matters if they bought one ticket no matter how many games it gets you into. That’s really stupid.

Latest posts