What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

yakstorm

First Grade
Bays on the western side of Accor are selling strongly, with all Gold & Platinum Plus bays down to limited availability. Would love to know how the Accor 2 Membership is going and whether the eastern side of the ground is selling as well (or if all casuals are simply buying in the west)

Bulldogs are run some light show at the game on Friday as well, not sure what that is (or if they are doing much local marketing for it), but hopefully it draws some interest like Vivid & Glow does in Sydney this time of year.

Storm's game on Saturday is possibly tracking more around 16K at the moment, though I imagine all the attention on Rugby League in Melbourne is rightfully being pushed towards Origin at the MCG. Hopefully off the back of Wednesday there is a bit of a surge in sales.

EuroNymous

Juniors
Bays on the western side of Accor are selling strongly, with all Gold & Platinum Plus bays down to limited availability. Would love to know how the Accor 2 Membership is going and whether the eastern side of the ground is selling as well (or if all casuals are simply buying in the west)

Bulldogs are run some light show at the game on Friday as well, not sure what that is (or if they are doing much local marketing for it), but hopefully it draws some interest like Vivid & Glow does in Sydney this time of year.

Storm's game on Saturday is possibly tracking more around 16K at the moment, though I imagine all the attention on Rugby League in Melbourne is rightfully being pushed towards Origin at the MCG. Hopefully off the back of Wednesday there is a bit of a surge in sales.
dogs are also running 10% discount on tickets through few of the well known dogs supporters i seen on tiktok

probs gonna head to the game, i’ll let you know the pax

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
More MCC membership reserve seats have been released to the general public (sections Q47 and Q48 in addition to Q37-Q42). I have never seen or heard of the MCG doing this before. I mean, even the Sporting Club of Sydney Trust doesn't open their areas to the general public.

The MCG must have moveable fences for their allocation now. It used to be dyno bolted to the ground. No povo's allowed!!

Obviously people that sit in these bays won't be allowed into the MCC bars etc.

moffla

Bench
Standing Room prices have been slashed for tonight. Not sure what that means for projected attendance but I’m going to have a guess and say we’ll get a crowd of 94,221.

Might be optimistic

shewi6

Juniors
Standing Room prices have been slashed for tonight. Not sure what that means for projected attendance but I’m going to have a guess and say we’ll get a crowd of 94,221.

Might be optimistic
Standing room is 5k and seated capacity is 95k.
I know in the afl that sellouts struggle to break 90k because of club and mcc member no shows.
Not sure how that will effect the origin.

I will predict a minimum of 85k.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Talk on Melbourne radio this morning that over 90k now projected, and if they can shift the cheap standing room tickets they might push past the SOO record of 91,513. Lots of goodwill in the media here as usual.
Do you think there's an appetite for an Origin game in Melbourne every two years? Or is three just right?

Looking at the crowds we get you seem to be maximising the revenue from the neutral game by playing it in Melbourne as much as you can, providing it doesn't become stale to the locals down there

moffla

Bench
Do you think there's an appetite for an Origin game in Melbourne every two years? Or is three just right?

Looking at the crowds we get you seem to be maximising the revenue from the neutral game by playing it in Melbourne as much as you can, providing it doesn't become stale to the locals down there
Every thre years usually, but because we missed out during COVID, it's back again in 2026.

I think there's enough appetite for it to come here every couple of years - but I'm also happy with it being every 3.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Every thre years usually, but because we missed out during COVID, it's back again in 2026.

I think there's enough appetite for it to come here every couple of years - but I'm also happy with it being every 3.
Once Perth comes in it would be good to see it alternate between Perth and Melbourne every two years to support our two foreign lands teams with huge RL events.

Adelaide can be put on the backburner as they don't even sell it out so f**k them

Jamberoo

Juniors

Victorians love an event. You could have it at the MCG every year and pull 85k - 90k.

if WA get a team I would go Melbourne every second year and rotate Adelaide and Perth.

shewi6

Juniors
Also let's not forget that Auckland is angling to get a game in the future too.
There is enough cities that are happy to bid and pay a huge fee for the privilege of hosting that there may not be a choice of alternating every second year.

Agree that adelaide is lowest on the priority list, but as long as they pay then they should get an odd game.
Origin still remains the biggest and best way to raise the profile of the game outside of nsw/qld.

moffla

Bench
There is enough cities that are happy to bid and pay a huge fee for the privilege of hosting that there may not be a choice of alternating every second year.

Agree that adelaide is lowest on the priority list, but as long as they pay then they should get an odd game.
Origin still remains the biggest and best way to raise the profile of the game outside of nsw/qld.
It also creates equality in the series. One home, one away, one neutral.

Valheru

Coach

They're going to play it 10PM local in Auckland?