What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
Impressive that the Knights and Wahs have maintained good crowd numbers despite both dropping off on the field this season. Hopefully the fans stick with them and they’re not regularly pulling sub 20k crowds ever again.
In 2017 the knights almost averaged 16K despite winning their 3rd wooden spoon in a row. I think knights fans have well and truly shown they stick around during the bad years.

yakstorm

First Grade
Aggregate of 80,027 for first 4 games (20,007 avg)

We need 31,973 for the last 3 games to finish with a 16K average. 38,973 for a 17K average and 45,973 for 18K.

Hopefully the predicted rain ends early tomorrow & we get some sun.

In 2017 the knights almost averaged 16K despite winning their 3rd wooden spoon in a row. I think knights fans have well and truly shown they stick around during the bad years.
Definitely fair, most clubs knocking out a trifecta of spoons would be doing well to pull 15k on average. I guess I was trying to make the point that 20k+ has become the norm in Newcastle off the back of last years strong back half of the season, and regardless of how they perform in 2024 & beyond I just hope it stays that way, it would confirm the knights as a top 4 fanbase.

Billythekid

First Grade
Definitely fair, most clubs knocking out a trifecta of spoons would be doing well to pull 15k on average. I guess I was trying to make the point that 20k+ has become the norm in Newcastle off the back of last years strong back half of the season, and regardless of how they perform in 2024 & beyond I just hope it stays that way, it would confirm the knights as a top 4 fanbase.
The knights are in a great position going forward IMO. The Hunter is a rapidly growing area where league is totally dominant as a sport and there is no other team within hours you can support. A brand new modern stadium would cap the knights off as potentially being one of the juggernauts of the comp IMO.

mozza91

Coach
Top 2 fan base and we ain’t 2nd.

Woody90

Juniors
it would confirm the knights as a top 4 fanbase.

You can say what you want about the Knights, but they’re obviously at least a top 4 fan base now and probably have been since inception, maybe even the best.

Had sell out crowds every week when the team were on a 13 streak losing run in 2005, not to mention the 3 consecutive spoons. Many top Sydney that consistently perform would kill to have their attendances.

Latest posts