What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

beave

Coach
looked like a lot of the NQ season ticket holders stayed away tonight, not sure if the V8's or school holidays played a part. Bit disappointing when there was less than 1k tickets left this afternoon and it's 6k off capacity.

Wb1234

Immortal
From where we are right now to 40k average absolutely is a universe away, but I don't see why our game can't build to having Broncos, Dolphins a big Sydney club and Melbourne all average 40k+ in 30 years time.

1. I think Dolphins will get up there with the Broncs in time

2. Sydney is our biggest market and with the right team and stadium combo, surely we should be able to have one team crack 40k. If it's achievable by another code in Sydney, it's achievable by us.

3. Melbourne is supposedly the sporting capital of Australia. The Storm seems to have a good rusted on 15-20k fans and are quickly becoming everyone's second team (a team to unite Melbourne). Again, if another code can achieve this in Sydney, we should be able to achieve it (with time and ground capacity increases) in Melbourne who follow their teams in greater numbers.

I know none of the above will be quick or easy but it's a vision we should have for our game.

Sydney people watch multiple football codes
It looked more to be fair.
Looked 15k tbh

H.H

Juniors
Weather forecast seems to change hourly, don't think they have any idea on this occasion.

It does look like it will be drizzle/scattered showers as opposed to consistent rain if it is wet over the weekend so hopefully doesn't effect the crowd too much.
My kids play and are able to get a free ticket to any game in any round and I just tried to get those and it said the allocation has been exhausted. Not sure what that means in terms of total crowd but it's looking like it'l be decent. Hope the weather holds off.

Valheru

Coach
My kids play and are able to get a free ticket to any game in any round and I just tried to get those and it said the allocation has been exhausted. Not sure what that means in terms of total crowd but it's looking like it'l be decent. Hope the weather holds off.
I'm hoping for 30k

25k would be great though

t-ba

Post Whore
Gonna fall a few thousand short of a 20k average for this round!

Still a fair effort on a wet weekend in the middle of the Origin period.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The Bledisloe Cup has staged 5 matches at the MCG averaging 81,000 since 1997. Origin has done even better,4 Origins have been played at the MCG with an average crowd of 89,000 since 1994 (and another 3 Origins have been hosted at Docklands).

The Matildas have played Marvel several times in the last year, and did use Aami Park duing the World Cup. International soccer teams have played matches at the MCG many times over the 20 years. The Socceroos have played in Melbourne at the MCG and Marvel, but not recently - three of the their top 5 attendances are at the MCG.

Note the Storm played the MCG twice in 2000, but only averaged 19,000 per game.

That said of late, Australian official Soccer seems reluctant to use the MCG except for international exhibitions, even though the MCG and Docklands fall within FIFA sight guidelines.
I've been to 3 origins at mcg (and 1 at Marvel)... it is a shithouse ground for footy... so far from action, atmosphere dissipates quickly. I only go as I live here and want to go to Origin. Much prefer watching nsw and qld home games at their rectangular stadiums.

Play non-event footy regularly at mcg and crowds would struggle to average 12k.

Marvel not much better even if they reconfigure it.

Latest posts