What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

shewi6

Juniors
I hate the Sharks as much as anyone but you're a f**king moron if you think they will draw crowds at the SFS.
Why can souths average 20k to a significantly worse stadium compared to the sfs at homebush 20km away?

They are also a southern sydney club, who were a complete basket case on and off the field for 40 plus years, living on the smell of an oily rag amd were even sent to the dustbin of history.

They were able to build themselves up, diversify their fanbase out of the one suburb and become a top 'sydney' team.
Now they are securely owned by multiple billionaires.

It's all about attitude and commitment to achieve something, which the sharks will likely never have going by the evidence of history.

But you are right, they can barely average 10k at home so my head really is up in the clouds to think they could do better.

Vlad59

Bench
Here is a thing you morons. Across the worlds premium comps there is only one which constantly fills stadiums over 60000. It’s the nfl. Instead of endlessly whinging about our crowds maybe we should pat ourselves on the back for a terrific achievement of 20000 a game rather than endlessly whining about it. A mighty go feck yourselves to all of you. Amen. Etc

Vlad59

Bench
Shark park hasn't been up to standard for 25 years.

Maybe if they had some vision, played a couple games at the sfs over the years broadening their fanbase, they could have banked up some money and would have been in a postion to upgrade the stadium and have better terms with the company that did 'the development'.

Cronulla to moore park is 26km, I drive that distance to work each way every day and manage to survive.
It aint hard.
Shark park is fine. You are a moron. Let’s move on.

Jamberoo

Juniors
You idiot. The Tasmanian ground is going to cost 1.6 billion on latest estimates and nobody knows who’s funding it because Albo has guaranteed 250 million and the state under 400 million. Where is the rest? And as for Penrith. It’s a state owned ground. Cronulla is privately owned by the club. Are you really this stupid? You are comparing apples with watermelons mate.
$1.6B? Whose estimate is that?

Generalzod

Immortal
That’s because the NRL is currently in rude health and firing on all cylinders and the sharks are holding the whole competition back with their tiny crap stadium and pathetic crowds.

the game in Australia has moved on and left the sharks behind. Sad but true.
This also makes no sense at all…

APPSY

Juniors
Pretty good. Titans crowds building as the season goes and they hit some form. Broncos game still to come in a few weeks.

Speaking of Titans V Broncos, looking at tickets there appears to only be a handful on sale, approaching a sellout or Titans just slow releasing?
Definitely holding a fair few back but is tracking to be the highest attended game this season; Will just depend on the next fortnight for both teams if Titans members show & if Broncos fans even make the trip. If the Broncos can win both their games in the next fortnight, as with the Titans, a sell out should be on the cards, especially since Reynold's is supposed to return that week too (just my luck as a Tits fan, right? XD).

Valheru

Coach
I hate the Sharks as much as anyone but you're a f**king moron if you think they will draw crowds at the SFS.
Against roosters, Souths, dragons, tigers, dogs, Parra and possibly even Penrith, manly and warriors they would surely get more than 12k at the SFS. In most cases they would probably be outnumbered by opposition fans which is why they don't want to do that.

I don't begrudge them for wanting games at their home ground and they can play regular season games wherever they want, I draw the line at finals games though. No finals games should be played there IMO. Not just picking on the sharks there either, I wouldn't have any Sydney suburban venue host finals games.

Valheru

Coach
Looking ahead to potential finals match ups and venues. Manipulating the ladder for the best results crowd wise using match ups that are a realistic chance of happening results in the below possibility.

Storm v sharks (25k)
Roosters v Penrith (35k)
Dogs v dragons (50k)
Dolphins v Broncos (50k)

The last one is the most unrealistic scenario but swapping in cowboys would still yield a good result and Manly would be ok.

From there the other 4 finals games before the GF would be played at AAMi, SFS X 2 and ANZ (Bankwest if Penrith were to host week 2?)

APPSY

Juniors
Looking ahead to potential finals match ups and venues. Manipulating the ladder for the best results crowd wise using match ups that are a realistic chance of happening results in the below possibility.

Storm v sharks (25k)
Roosters v Penrith (35k)
Dogs v dragons (50k)
Dolphins v Broncos (50k)

The last one is the most unrealistic scenario but swapping in cowboys would still yield a good result and Manly would be ok.

From there the other 4 finals games before the GF would be played at AAMi, SFS X 2 and ANZ (Bankwest if Penrith were to host week 2?)
Dogs vs Dragons week one finals at Accor would definitely draw more than 50k if their fans were deadset serious. First time making finals since 2016 & 2018 for both teams, both in decent form, they have the rivalry, showing signs of not being complete basket cases. Even I as a neutral would go for the atmosphere alone.

yakstorm

First Grade
Definitely holding a fair few back but is tracking to be the highest attended game this season; Will just depend on the next fortnight for both teams if Titans members show & if Broncos fans even make the trip. If the Broncos can win both their games in the next fortnight, as with the Titans, a sell out should be on the cards, especially since Reynold's is supposed to return that week too (just my luck as a Tits fan, right? XD).
It will just make the victory all that sweeter, especially if the Titans continue their current form.

I know the team wouldn't even be contemplating it, but it's crazy how the Titans have found their way back into finals contention. Hopefully the winning continues for them and the crowds continue to return.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I don’t mind the Sharks being at a smaller venue as a temporary measure while their stadium undergoes improvements.

But I just can’t get over how they actively
1) made their stadium worse
2) purposely reduced capacity with no strategy for growing it back
3) built the ground in a way that their main grandstand is forever locked into being tiny.

just defies logic

Latest posts