What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Raiders have been running promotions for this weekend's game, highlighting the fact that there will be both a celebration for Josh Papalii's 300 game milestone plus four back-to-back games.
Assuming that means an NRL and NRLW game on the same ticket, I think that`s a great idea and something we should see a lot more of.
It`d be interesting to know how much extra the price on those tickets could be before it started to affect demand.

Iamback

Coach
Assuming that means an NRL and NRLW game on the same ticket, I think that`s a great idea and something we should see a lot more of.
It`d be interesting to know how much extra the price on those tickets could be before it started to affect demand.

Are NRLW clubs going to make money doing that? The aim is to get it to stand on its feet

Saxon

Bench
Broncos update:

V Melbourne - on target for 33-35k. If Corey Oates announces his retirement, 38-40k is possible.
I reckon if Oates is retiring you will get a full house.
He's been a great servant of the club, but after a couple of pretty lean years by him plenty of Broncs fans will turn up to make sure he actually leaves.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I reckon if Oates is retiring you will get a full house.
He's been a great servant of the club, but after a couple of pretty lean years by him plenty of Broncs fans will turn up to make sure he actually leaves.
I'd expect a sellout on a Friday for sure. Thursday night will kill off a few families

Vlad59

Bench
the grandstand seats that came on sale later would have been members/season ticket holders that couldn't make the game and were sold back to the club to re-sell.

When those seats get put off for sale depends on when the seat gets sold back to the club.
Might have been. Still very frustrating.

Are NRLW clubs going to make money doing that? The aim is to get it to stand on its feet
Yeah, it depends how much they can add to the price, which I doubt will be a lot.
I suppose the up-side is that the double-headers do seem to get bigger crowds which in turn makes it a better viewing experience and can help on the Tv viewership side of things, and that of course is where the real money is.

It's Been Done

Juniors
I see a few dark spots in parts of the public areas of level 4 in the Freeman stand that usually means someone is in a seat. Quite odd as it usually takes a minimum 17k for Venues Live to open up level 4 to spectators

Vlad59

Bench
Last week we had the usual morons here criticising the sharks for a sell out while the tigers managed a crowd under 8000 getting a pack on the back. Looking at the Souths crowd tonight we just have to accept the idiosyncratic nature of crowd attendances of our game. We’ve never had better crowds but people still whinge and moan. Strange.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Last week we had the usual morons here criticising the sharks for a sell out while the tigers managed a crowd under 8000 getting a pack on the back. Looking at the Souths crowd tonight we just have to accept the idiosyncratic nature of crowd attendances of our game. We’ve never had better crowds but people still whinge and moan. Strange.
Yeah this was always gonna draw poorly. No point I going over the same ground with the sharks atm, hopefully and increased in capacity coming in soon.

yakstorm

First Grade
Yeah, it depends how much they can add to the price, which I doubt will be a lot.
I suppose the up-side is that the double-headers do seem to get bigger crowds which in turn makes it a better viewing experience and can help on the Tv viewership side of things, and that of course is where the real money is.
Double Headers also have the advantages from a cost minimisation perspective. Ground hire, staffing costs and broadcast costs are all less for a double header than two separate events, so whilst the NRLW is still establishing itself, mixing in double headers with stand alone games is not a bad approach, especially if it also helps add an additional 1-2K to the overall crowd.

Personally I prefer the double headers than some of the venue choices (ie. Eels v Sharks at Allianz, Cowboys v Eels at Totally Workwear Stadium)

t-ba

Post Whore
Thursday night at Accor should be banned, full stop. Against Melbourne even worse. Us being rubbish this year with a thousand injuries is the icing on top.

And I didn't even mention the M5 being closed westbound

In a world where it has a Metro station and the Parra Light Rail Terminus I can see some justification for big matches but this is absolutely the kind of slot tailor made for a suburban venue or regional centre.

RedVee

First Grade
Thursday night at Accor should be banned, full stop. Against Melbourne even worse. Us being rubbish this year with a thousand injuries is the icing on top.

And I didn't even mention the M5 being closed westbound
You could have had this game at Redfern.

Latest posts