What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

It's Been Done

Juniors
Outstanding crowd. Any particular reason why this game got such a great crowd compared to their last few home games?
Last home game before the finals plus minimal competition from the AFL in Melbourne today, despite a reshuffle to the schedule caused by an electricity workers strike in Tasmania putting the MCG game in direct competition with the Storm's match

jim_57

Staff member
Storm finish the season with a 19,848 average at AAMI Park.

Previous highest average at the ground was last year with 17,072. (Storm average in Melbourne last year was 18,264)

6th game this year to draw over 20k at AAMI, 2nd to draw 25k+.

Getting the highest crowd of the year for this one seems totally unexpected. GA sold out last night and all GA members with games remaining on their pass were prompted to upgrade to reserved seating which definitely would have helped.

The Marshall

Juniors
GROUNDS FOR A SWELL ACCOR CLASH
DAVID RICCIO, MICHAEL CARAYANNIS

Canterbury and Manly’s blockbuster on Friday night is set to break attendance records with a crowd of about 40,000 expected for the Accor Stadium clash.
The top eight sides will come head-to-head in what is expected to be one of the largest crowds of the season.

History could be set on two accounts, with the crowd set to:
● Eclipse the record for a 6pm Friday game (not including Magic Round). Melbourne and the Warriors hold that record with 28,716 people attending the Anzac Day clash at AAMI Park in 2014. The next best crowd was in 2019 between Parramatta and Manly with 25034 people attending CommBank Stadium; and
● Break the record for biggest regular season attendance between Manly and Canterbury. A figure of 25,771 people attended Accor Stadium in round five, 2004, to watch the teams play.

The all-time record crowd for any fixture involving the two teams is the 1995 grand final when 41,127 people watched the Bulldogs beat Manly at the SFS.
Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo knows his fans are keen to see their team again.
“We’re really excited about getting home next week,” he said.

“Our fans are going to be really excited to see us play the style of play we’re playing right now. We’re very excited to get home.

“(Viliame) Kikau had his 150th game last week and Burto (Matt Burton) had his 100th (against the Warriors), so we’ll go back and honour those two guys and we’re really excited to be playing in front of our home fans.’’

The Bulldogs will face Manly without Stephen Crichton and Kurt Mann. Their ability to run deep into the finals will determine if Mann plays again this season.
He suffered a broken collarbone against the Warriors on Friday night and will require surgery.

He is facing six weeks out.
Tigers-bound Jeral Skelton is expected to come into the backline to replace Crichton.
Meanwhile, Manly is confident outside back Tommy Talau will return after a pectoral injury.
https://todayspaper.dailytelegraph....ph&pubid=320ddf3b-4f51-41ad-b9a8-6020bccc12fe

Vlad59

Bench
Next week

Cowboys Storm 17000
Bulldogs Sea eagles 40000
Panthers Rabbitohs 22000
Eels dragons 17000
Dolphins Broncos 46000
Sharks Warriors 12000
Knights Titans 18000
Roosters Raiders18000

Around 190000 - with a bump here and there 200000. Let the Sharks love begin :)

Wb1234

Referee
Imagine if it was the later game instead of 6 pm

Just bad luck the doggies in this form in good timeslots wouldve cracked 30k for recent games at accor

The Marshall

Juniors
I think this just shows that you can try and do as much as you want for game day experiences, time slots and weather but the biggest factor in crowds will always be success on the field and everything else really has a minimal impact.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
if 40,000 are expected to a game against Manly at 6pm on a Friday, dare I say that 65k+ could be possible for an elimination final against the Dragons on a perfect Saturday twilight, or Sunday afternoon game.

Both sets of fans have been desperate for this.

Maybe my head is in the sky, but I think it's possible. The Bulldogs supporters are out in force, and we can't discredit the Dragons fanbase either.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I think this just shows that you can try and do as much as you want for game day experiences, time slots and weather but the biggest factor in crowds will always be success on the field and everything else really has a minimal impact.
I agree for the most part, but I recently went to mt smart for the first time since 09 and I can see why they sell out the games despite the team being meh. The way they dress up the game with lights/sounds and the party atmosphere was amazing. I didn’t even mind we got towelled up.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
I might add that all these sellouts has created this wave of fomo for not just regulars but casuals too. People need to see the next game, and you always feel more hyped walking into a stadium that is sold out or likely to be at a big capacity

Latest posts