What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

moffla

Bench
That Storm crowd was incredible, but I suppose the last regular home game, it sometimes gets a big crowd. Their first semi should get a similar crowd.

Not too surprised with the Souths crowd, Souths/Knights isnt appealing at a horrible stadium and both teams out of finals contention.
First final might be a bit smaller, usually ends up getting lost within AFL finals chit chat

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I agree for the most part, but I recently went to mt smart for the first time since 09 and I can see why they sell out the games despite the team being meh. The way they dress up the game with lights/sounds and the party atmosphere was amazing. I didn’t even mind we got towelled up.
I can completely relate, the Broncos match day experience at Suncorp (especially for night games) has gone to a whole other level. It's no wonder they have both had big jumps in crowd averages the last couple of years and have stayed high even though both teams are rubbish now.

yakstorm

First Grade
Amazing job Gold Coast. I have to admit, I'm not sure why this happens, but for the third year in a row the club has drawn significantly more post Magic Weekend than pre.

For this year the breakdown was:
5 Games for 66,992 (13,398 avg)
6 Games for 111,657 (18,610 avg)

I know the club had the likes of Broncos & Warriors in the second part of the season, but only the Sharks game was near the average for the first half of the season, with the rest all larger.

mongoose

Coach
Amazing job Gold Coast. I have to admit, I'm not sure why this happens, but for the third year in a row the club has drawn significantly more post Magic Weekend than pre.

For this year the breakdown was:
5 Games for 66,992 (13,398 avg)
6 Games for 111,657 (18,610 avg)

I know the club had the likes of Broncos & Warriors in the second part of the season, but only the Sharks game was near the average for the first half of the season, with the rest all larger.
gOLd cOAsT hAS nO FAns!^&

jim_57

Staff member
Titans finish with an average of 16,241 at Cbus.

Dragons finish with an average of 14,230 for their Wollongong games.

Santino Patane

Juniors
gOLd cOAsT hAS nO FAns!^&
Honestly there were a few Roosters fans in today, but I feel the amount of home support at CBus is definitely growing every year. A few years ago it would have been 60-40 to the away team, now it’s consistently the other way around, and the numbers are up too!!

DIOGENES

Juniors
After 25 Rounds
2023 Aggregate 3,384,046 Ave 18,000
2024 Aggregate 3,583,572 Ave 19,061
Up 5.9%
Average of 10,865 required in remaining 16 games for a new H&A record (total of 173,840 required)

No longer an "if" but a "by how many"

Will the new record be set next week?