What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

undertaker

Coach
But still it's the Broncos best year since moving back to Suncorp and the best since 1993

Not to mention that 1993 was the Broncos first year at QE II Stadium, which had a larger capacity than Suncorp currently has (60000 vs 52500).

Broncos got 3 home crowd attendances that year > 52500, which would not be possible at Suncorp (largest being 58593 in the final round vs St George).

People look silly in singlets anyway.
Huge image and merch advantage for NRL over AFL. Most traditional RL designs look darned fine. In the late-80s/early-90s NSWRL jerseys were in vogue among League fans in England and NZ. From memory, Balmain was the most popular over here.

As the NRL moves towards a 20-team comp, will this idea of Tigers and Magpies consciously uncoupling gain traction? Western Sydney Magpies permanently at Campbelltown and "The Tigers" in SEQ, owned by Brisbane Easts, playing 1 or 2 games at Leichhardt Oval. From a jersey point of view, it's a win-win.

Dark Corner

Juniors
I'm really shocked tbh at how attendances have increased so significantly and quickly.
We have spent more than two to three decades sitting around the 15 - 16 k limit, yet the game has exploded attendance wise over the past 2 seasons.
An 18 or 19 thousand average seemed impossible not long ago, yet here we are, so quickly.
Almost every match has become an event. Even Spoonbowls!!!
PVL has seriously changed the game for the better during his tenure.
The Bulldogs are a perfect example. Who'd have ever thought two years ago that they'd be getting 30000 attendances now for games that they'd previously just get 10-15k? Yep, nobody.
I don't think that this sort of growth will continue, but geez, it is exciting.
Why can't it contine to grow or stay the same.

Dark Corner

Juniors
Huge image and merch advantage for NRL over AFL. Most traditional RL designs look darned fine. In the late-80s/early-90s NSWRL jerseys were in vogue among League fans in England and NZ. From memory, Balmain was the most popular over here.

As the NRL moves towards a 20-team comp, will this idea of Tigers and Magpies consciously uncoupling gain traction? Western Sydney Magpies permanently at Campbelltown and "The Tigers" in SEQ, owned by Brisbane Easts, playing 1 or 2 games at Leichhardt Oval. From a jersey point of view, it's a win-win.
I say mid 90's.
Was in the Lake District a month or so ago and saw a Knights and Penrith jerseys and were from Lancashire just wished I worn my Roosters one.

Latest posts