What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Vlad59

Bench
I doubt the Sharks care that NRL own the hotel. All clubs are selfish and will do what is best for them or what they think is best.

If they thought there was money it it they'd be there
I’d suggest the NRL might have bought the hotel with some vision of the sharks intentions to play at their home ground.

Bulldog2020

Juniors
It is really just an attempt for cash from the Sharks. They are the only club that makes money from home finals as the Club would be paid a hiring fee.

Marlins

Juniors
This whole Sharks situation is just a blow up to hype the game. The only option has always been Allianz. They’ll get 30k easy and the following night should get 40k. It is shame that the dogs didn’t finish 5th, Sharks/dogs would’ve been a sellout, and another win to play Penrith at Homebush would’ve been massive.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Channel Nine and a couple of media outlets are suggesting a crowd close to 60k
At the game now

lower bowl is 85% full
Mid tier is about 50 odd %
nothing in upper tier

I would imagine between both the top 2 sides that would be around 20 thousand +.

My guess is mid to high 40s

Wb1234

Immortal
It's probably already been mentioned, but what is the long term plan for shark park? Is this their final design? Or are they still working on it?

I can't believe they went from 22k to 13k as their final plan.
Waiting for the leagues club to get finished then it goes back to 17 or 18k

supposed to be done already

cleary89

Coach
Waiting for the leagues club to get finished then it goes back to 17 or 18k

supposed to be done already

Why does having a leagues club reduce the capacity by 6k? I get that the building is the grandstand, but where do 6k extra seats come from having a building next door?

Wb1234

Immortal
Why does having a leagues club reduce the capacity by 6k? I get that the building is the grandstand, but where do 6k extra seats come from having a building next door?
Peter burns stand lost it’s top tier seats not sure where the rest have gone but probs scaffolding etc

capacity reduction isn’t permanent

Billythekid

First Grade
This whole Sharks situation is just a blow up to hype the game. The only option has always been Allianz. They’ll get 30k easy and the following night should get 40k. It is shame that the dogs didn’t finish 5th, Sharks/dogs would’ve been a sellout, and another win to play Penrith at Homebush would’ve been massive.
I think 30K is far from a guarantee but they’ll for sure crack 20K which won’t look all that bad at Allianz.

Surely the other game should be a sellout at Allianz especially if the dogs make it through. You have to wonder if they would consider moving that game to Accor if the dogs win.

Brutus

Referee
“We can get 14,000 fans at PointsBet. What’s the point of moving it to Allianz to get 15,000 fans?"

The CEO actually said this? f**k me drunk. He should be sacked immediately.

Agree.

What an absolute f..stick.

For starters they wouldn't get 14k at Pointsbet and it would be 20k minimum at Allianz.

And if they got off their arse and promoted the game, Allianz could house a decent crowd for the game.

Valheru

Coach
Surely the other game should be a sellout at Allianz especially if the dogs make it through. You have to wonder if they would consider moving that game to Accor if the dogs win.
Well they would have to wait for the bledisloe to finish first...

And absolutely not anyways. We played at shark park week 1 last year which arguably cost 20k fans, no difference here.

It's Been Done

Juniors
Agree.

What an absolute f..stick.

For starters they wouldn't get 14k at Pointsbet and it would be 20k minimum at Allianz.

And if they got off their arse and promoted the game, Allianz could house a decent crowd for the game.
Transport NSW should also do their bit by having extra express trains from Waterfall/Cronulla to Central and return after the match much like Adelaide Metro does for events at Adelaide Oval. Promote that as well and more people from the Shire would head for town and then Allianz

Latest posts