What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Steel Saints

Juniors
The thing is Cronulla fans and club management should get excited. They are only three wins away from winning the comp, and the possible three remaining games are in Sydney. Cronulla are favourites against the Cowboys. Sharks fans and club management should be thrilled with playing a finals game at a relatively new Allianz Stadium.

Embrace it.

moffla

Bench
The thing is Cronulla fans and club management should get excited. They are only three wins away from winning the comp, and the possible three remaining games are in Sydney. Cronulla are favourites against the Cowboys. Sharks fans and club management should be thrilled with playing a finals game at a relatively new Allianz Stadium.

Embrace it.
Agree with this. I do generally believe clubs should play finals at their home ground, but said ground needs to be a certain standard for finals.

They go on to beat the cowboys and all of a sudden they’re in a prelim against Panthers - on neutral turf. While Penrith should still win, they don’t get the massive home ground advantage they otherwise would at Bluebet.

Swings and roundabouts.

Steel Saints

Juniors
Agree with this. I do generally believe clubs should play finals at their home ground, but said ground needs to be a certain standard for finals.

They go on to beat the cowboys and all of a sudden they’re in a prelim against Panthers - on neutral turf. While Penrith should still win, they don’t get the massive home ground advantage they otherwise would at Bluebet.

Swings and roundabouts.

When Bluebet Stadium returns, the capacity will be lifted to 25,000. IMO, that should be the minimum capacity to host a finals game.

Craigshark

First Grade

Embrace it.

I think you’ll find a lot of Cronulla fans agree it should be played there. The only disappointing thing I’ll say is that it’s obvious to most that the crowd numbers may struggle, being a smaller Sydney club against an interstate team, yet the nrl only put on 1 supporter bay for each team, even though it’s meant to be a sharks home final.. it makes no sense

yakstorm

First Grade
Allianz Stadium for Saturday night.
- Red is down to single seats
- Orange is down to 5 seats or less groupings (so over 90% sold)

Match is definitely trending towards 30K+. Hopefully gets a decent amount of Allianz Stadium members turn up as well.

1726541295833.png

yakstorm

First Grade
Sharks v Cowboys for Friday night. Sidelines are starting to fill up. Behind the post, most bays are selling into rows J & K (those Bays go back to S) so it's seeming like they are more than half full.

Category 2 corner bays are selling into Rows H - P (these bays go back to S & T), so definitely not selling horribly. On track for 20K this far out.

1726541758720.png

Steel Saints

Juniors
25 000, gotta say that`s a bit disappointing, the way crowd growth (and the Penrith area in general) is going, I would say 30k would be more appropriate. They could then aim for a 27k average.

Bear in mind, you have to take Qld Country Bank Stadium into account, where it holds 25,000. It would be unfair on the Cowboys to host a prelim in Brisbane, some 1300 kms away. In 2021, Origin was held in Townsville and with the aid of temporary seats, the crowd was over 27,000.

As for Penrith, Bluebet could be used in week 1 or possibly week 2, and then have a prelim at Accor. In the future, Bluebet could be increased to 28,000, with a construction of a southern grandstand.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Embrace it.
Exactly this. I look back at last September with such fondness. $5k worth of flights, tickets, and accom with mates for all three games, I’d spend it all again. Desperately want it back. Life long memories. Heartbreak worse than a relationship breakdown (lol) included.

The Sharks CEO is acting like their home game is played at the morgue. f**king get a group of mates together and get on the train. You’re a cowboys defence and Cleary shoulder or hamstring away from a GF FFS!

Gobsmacked

Bench
Exactly this. I look back at last September with such fondness. $5k worth of flights, tickets, and accom with mates for all three games, I’d spend it all again. Desperately want it back. Life long memories. Heartbreak worse than a relationship breakdown (lol) included.

The Sharks CEO is acting like their home game is played at the morgue. f**king get a group of mates together and get on the train. You’re a cowboys defence and Cleary shoulder or hamstring away from a GF FFS!
They should be rallying the shire and selling it out!

Latest posts