What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
As good as that sounds, there still needs to be some sort of curtain raiser match to the NRL Grand Final, whether it's the Jersey Flegg premiers vs the winner of the Queensland equivilant or something else to get some of the crowd in early
Why does there need to be a curtain raiser? Do any other sports have one?

Jetka100

Juniors
I have put this suggestion forward on another forum, but I think the NRL needs to start seriously considering having a bye weekend before the GF. During that weekend they could have the 2 State Cup grand finals on the Friday and Saturday night and the NRLW GF on the Sunday night. The Men’s GF weekend could have the interstate Cup grand final and hopefully a resurrected U21s or Reserve Grade GF. Let the women have their time by themselves and give a bit more credence to the State Cups. It would also give both men’s GF teams appropriate time to refresh, deal with judiciary matters, allow supporters to organise travel, not disrupt the week too much with the Dally Ms and build up the promotion for the game. I would go so far, to say that if you had a bye weekend before the GF, you could just have a top 8 shootout, with no byes in the middle of it. At the moment, the final series is too weighted in favour of the teams who earn a bye after one finals match.

DIOGENES

Juniors
I doubt everyone that bought a ticket showed up. Probably less than 1000 tickets not sold.
My son won some tickets in a pub raffle and we had vacant seats on either side - the other raffle winners who didn’t show. I guess you don’t value something you don’t pay for.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
They won't compress the day because it will affect nine's coverage.

They have to cross for the news, throw in a thousand promos for the block and Australian open tennis, cross to Gus and Gal, cross to JT, promote MAFS.

I know it's bullshit but that's the reality of the NRL's deal with nine.

DIOGENES

Juniors
To sum up the season
(from Austadiums which use events rather than games for both totals and averages)

YearEventsTotalAverageHighestLowest

A new all-time record set for the second year in a row with an average increase of 4.8%

JamesRustle

First Grade
$1000, no, $400, yes. There are no public tickets available to the other GF, so Melbournians would definitely snap up every available NRL GF ticket. It would be bigger than SOO here, and generate double the revenue of an ACCOR GF, plus whatever the Vic govt will pay to bring it here. Maybe an extra $20m - $25m for the game.
Vic Govt would need to pay in cash... no way you are allowing them credit.

I think the crowd figure was a pass + the TV ratings were good.

All in all, a decent end to a strong season.

The game is in good health.

Some good scheduling, more event games + the big Sydney clubs getting their shit together means it's exciting to contemplate what could be in store for us in 2025.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Crowd was great, an out of Sydney team v a team that keeps winning it isn’t exactly the dream day out for most neutrals. Anything 80k or above is a solid pass. Tv was on par with last year and is probably where fta is maxed at these days for nrl.

Vlad59

Bench
Crowd was great, an out of Sydney team v a team that keeps winning it isn’t exactly the dream day out for most neutrals. Anything 80k or above is a solid pass. Tv was on par with last year and is probably where fta is maxed at these days for nrl.
I agree. State of origin and our GF seem to have maxed at that figure of 3.5 million. Getting 4 games rating at that level or close to it is something other sports can only dream about in this country.

Latest posts