What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's an incentive to get even a few thousand people in early to relive pressure on the rush that starts around an hour before kick off of most games. The AFL Grand Final usually has a curtain raiser, usually between two U18s teams since they scrapped their stand-alone reserves comp after 1999
Also means watching on tv you have something worth watching and not hours of panelists blithering on!

Jamberoo

Juniors
It's an incentive to get even a few thousand people in early to relive pressure on the rush that starts around an hour before kick off of most games. The AFL Grand Final usually has a curtain raiser, usually between two U18s teams since they scrapped their stand-alone reserves comp after 1999
The AFL GF hasn’t had a curtain raiser since 2007.

yakstorm

First Grade
Pacific Championship ticket sales so far:

Australia v Tonga @ Brisbane
Level 5 has finally gone on sale, with 530 - 533 now on sale. Sidelines & behind posts have been selling strongly, corners not at all. Might be around 16K mark currently, though @SLRBRONCOS is far better at reading Suncorp sales.

New Zealand v Australia @ Christchurch
NZRL released final tickets a couple of days ago. Less than 100 left at the venue

New Zealand v Tonga @ Auckland
Be sitting around the 10K sold mark currently. Second tier of the North Stand hasn't been put on sale yet, still a lot of seats left to sell.

Fiji v PNG @ Suva
Outside of what looks to be a bunch of holds in Bays C & D of the main grandstand, there is maybe 50-60 seats that can be confirmed as sold.

As this is a PacificAus Sports event, there will be a decent government delegation there of 1-2K, but the match will need to start selling to get even close to what the Storm v Knights trial got (5,200)

Fiji v Cook Islands @ Suva
Seeing even less movement here than the Fiji v PNG game.

PNG v Cook Islands @ Port Moresby
Main grandstand has had solid sales, whilst everything else is currently GA. Sitting around 3-4K at the moment from what I can see.

Final @ Parramatta
Lower bowl along the sidelines & behind the posts have sold alright. Some movement in the west & other upper bays. Possibly around the 8K mark.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Lol f**koff mate.

The crowd was over 80K. There have been several lower grand final crowds at Accor over the years.

It's a mere 900 people less last year's sellout.

Drama queen

I didnt think the crowd as all that bad, the figure was suprisingly higher than I expected.

There's a lot of AFL nuffies, like jurnos and ex players saying we "failed" to sell out the Grand Final. Pleeeasse

It wasnt bad considering the Storm didnt have a great deal of fans and I saw a number of neutrals at the game.

The only I guess to improve it is have a better timeslot and promote the event all over Sydney.

Burns

First Grade
On the Pacifc Championship

Leaving aside the sold out Aus/NZ game, the degree that the other two matches moves tickets I feel is dependant on whether the Tongan fans turn up.

Let’s look back shall we?

Last time they played NZ at Mt Smart was mid-year in 2019 with 23,634 - more or less the current capacity.

Judging off the current sales, there is a lot of work to do.

Tonga v Australia should hopefully get 25k, which I think would be a success. That would equal what they got last time they played each other in 2019 at Eden Park.

Tangent - the last time Australia played in Brisbane was the 2017 RLWC Final. The last Test Match there was the 2015 Anzac Test with around 32k.

Wb1234

Immortal

Level 5 has finally gone on sale, with 530 - 533 now on sale. Sidelines & behind posts have been selling strongly, corners not at all. Might be around 16K mark currently, though @SLRBRONCOS is far better at reading Suncorp sales.

New Zealand v Australia @ Christchurch
NZRL released final tickets a couple of days ago. Less than 100 left at the venue

New Zealand v Tonga @ Auckland
Be sitting around the 10K sold mark currently. Second tier of the North Stand hasn't been put on sale yet, still a lot of seats left to sell.

Fiji v PNG @ Suva
Outside of what looks to be a bunch of holds in Bays C & D of the main grandstand, there is maybe 50-60 seats that can be confirmed as sold.

As this is a PacificAus Sports event, there will be a decent government delegation there of 1-2K, but the match will need to start selling to get even close to what the Storm v Knights trial got (5,200)

Fiji v Cook Islands @ Suva
Seeing even less movement here than the Fiji v PNG game.

PNG v Cook Islands @ Port Moresby
Main grandstand has had solid sales, whilst everything else is currently GA. Sitting around 3-4K at the moment from what I can see.

Final @ Parramatta
Lower bowl along the sidelines & behind the posts have sold alright. Some movement in the west & other upper bays. Possibly around the 8K mark.
Some very promising sales there

Real shame for two years in a row we’ve missed out on the pinnacle of the pacific cup because Tonga / Samoa had to go and tour England

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

16-17k looks on the money!

I've never seen them open level 5 north before level 5 south. Level 5 south is usually sold first because it's the side of the bus way and train station. Makes me think (and hope) that something has been done with level 5 south - maybe some tickets were gifted to junior clubs.

yakstorm

First Grade
On the Pacifc Championship

Leaving aside the sold out Aus/NZ game, the degree that the other two matches moves tickets I feel is dependant on whether the Tongan fans turn up.

Let’s look back shall we?

Last time they played NZ at Mt Smart was mid-year in 2019 with 23,634 - more or less the current capacity.

Judging off the current sales, there is a lot of work to do.

Tonga v Australia should hopefully get 25k, which I think would be a success. That would equal what they got last time they played each other in 2019 at Eden Park.

Tangent - the last time Australia played in Brisbane was the 2017 RLWC Final. The last Test Match there was the 2015 Anzac Test with around 32k.
IMO the NRL should have flipped venues for the Australian games. Australia v Tonga at CommBank would have been an easy sell, whilst Brisbane would have been a good option for the quadruple header.

Latest posts