What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Maybe they've gifted the bays inbetween. It is strange that they've not put on sale between 509 - 513 of they haven't been filled already.
It's so odd - they've gone totally against the standard bay release process which they've followed for the last 15 years. Will be interesting to see come kick off

Desert Qlder

First Grade
100%. I’m a long term fan of international league. I’ve organised a bus load of fans to attend World Cup matches in the past. I’ve watched the shitty low quality streams of qualifying matches. Even I can barely muster any interest in this tournament, you can’t blame the fans for that.
It's because they're not really international teams but second-generation Australian cultural identity expressions.

I'm not necessarily knocking that, but we have to understand what they really are.

But because of their recent success, you've got pommie fans like AFL Red who want Aussies to be able to play for England. Because they're team is so shit and can't compete.

That said, these issues aren't limited to Rugby League. I was amused by the Brazilian player suiting up for China in the soccer the other night. And the English cricket team has been a world XI for decades.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's because they're not really international teams but second-generation Australian cultural identity expressions.

I'm not necessarily knocking that, but we have to understand what they really are.

But because of their recent success, you've got pommie fans like AFL Red who want Aussies to be able to play for England. Because they're team is so shit and can't compete.

That said, these issues aren't limited to Rugby League. I was amused by the Brazilian player suiting up for China in the soccer the other night. And the English cricket team has been a world XI for decades.
you literally have a problem with every sport in the world then lol
Ive always said that unless you hold a passport or citizenship of that country you shouldn't be representing them. But that would restrict top level Int RL to 5 countries.

taste2taste

Juniors
you literally have a problem with every sport in the world then lol
Ive always said that unless you hold a passport or citizenship of that country you shouldn't be representing them. But that would restrict top level Int RL to 5 countries.
My eligibility rule is simpler, you must have an accent of the country you are representing.

i was watching the olympics and they interviewed a Japanese surfer who had a broad Australian accent, in rugby union they interviewed the Irish winger who scored the game winning try who had a NZ accent. Cringe

Trifili13

Juniors
My eligibility rule is simpler, you must have an accent of the country you are representing.

i was watching the olympics and they interviewed a Japanese surfer who had a broad Australian accent, in rugby union they interviewed the Irish winger who scored the game winning try who had a NZ accent. Cringe
Does that mean Cronk would have been ineligible to play for Australia?

yakstorm

First Grade
So update on HFC Park, Suva for this weekend's Test between Fiji v PNG. In the main grandstand, 1,602 seats have now been allocated, a significant improvement from earlier in the week.

Corporate suites have now all been sold out, which is up to another 1,000, and the sponsor bure is now also at capacity. Without knowing how GA is selling, we are at least looking at 3,000+ for the game, which is a lot better than how it was looking even a few days ago.

The teams are doing an event at Albert Park Pavillion in Suva on Thursday, so hopefully this will help move some tickets (even if by 'move' that means give out thousands of GA tickets)

bazza

Immortal
From the last soccer world cup there were a number of teams e.g. Morocco that actively scout heritage players. Apparently they actively track players with Moroccan heritage and get them to commit early before they are picked by France or Spain

bazza

Immortal
union has the reverse issue in some cases where places like Japan, Italy and England get mid-level southern hemisphere players who play over there professionally for a few years and then become eligible for the country that they now live in

Latest posts