What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW1 Sat - North Qld v Newcastle @ QLD Country Bank

Finals Week 1: North Qld v Newcastle

• North Queensland Cowboys

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Newcastle Knights

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
Thought the knights were probably the better team, however big game players win these games. KNights have 1, cows have a few. Knights really need to sort out what they’re doing with the halves next year. They have 4 and they’re all basically the same player.

chrisD

Coach
Yeah I'm sure I'm wasting my time here because your average punter doesn't know anything about the Knights except what they read in the Daily Telegraph but here's some alleged 2025 salaries for you:

Ponga 1.5M (1.2M this year)
Hastings 800k (dropped to NSW cup twice this year due to poor)
Dan Saifiti 800k
Jayden Brailey 600k
Hetherington 550k
Will Pryce 400k (cant crack first grade)

Pongas on 100k more than Cleary and DCE in 2024.
Mate besides his injuries I don’t think Ponga’s output vs price is a concern.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Enjoyable game for a neutral (I hate both clubs) and any game that has Tyson 'nice guy' Gamble blubbing at the end is a good one.

Woody90

Juniors
have you guys signed anyone for next year ?

Not really. They don’t have any cap space to, hence why they’re trying to move blokes.

Signed Leo Thompson’s twin from Union and Schiller from the Raiders who probably won’t be able to get into the backline but that’s it. Need a halfback.

Signing Peter O’Sullivan was huge for us though and for the first time in a while I’m feeling somewhat optimistic about the future.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Painful making that puss team look half decent with so many errors.

But will enjoy the NRL-funded private jet to Sydney next week.

mozza91

Coach
Heroic 80 minute effort from Todd Smith. Did everything he could to get them over the line. In the end our own ineptness got the job done.

Not sure what to make of the cows, they struggled to break down an ordinary Newcastle side. In the end it was a pretty flukey try that got them ahead and a brain fade set up their winning try.

Latest posts