What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW3 Sat - Penrith v Cronulla @ Accor

Finals Week 3: Penrith v Cronulla

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
NRL Finals 1999-2011 (1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5)

Dragons beat Sharks
Roosters beat Knights
Roosters beat Broncos
Roosters beat Bulldogs
Bulldogs beat Panthers
Cowboys beat Eels
Tigers beat Dragons
Broncos beat Bulldogs
Sea Eagles beat Warriors
Storm beat Sharks
Eels beat Bulldogs
Roosters beat Titans
Warriors beat Storm

NRL Finals 2012-Current (1v4, 2v3, 5v8, 6v7)

Sea Eagles beat Rabbitohs
Bulldogs beat Panthers
Cowboys beat Storm
Cowboys beat Roosters
Panthers beat Storm
Eels beat Cowboys

Proves how flawed the old system was.

Reactions: MRN

Fangs

Coach
Any Sharks fans about?

I just drove past Homebush stadium and didn't see any Sharks fans going into the restaurants nearby. Is something happening in the Shire today? It is a hive of activity after all.

Trackwork? Elections on this weekend? Is something going down at the beach today?

ragzouken

Juniors
Any Sharks fans about?

I just drove past Homebush stadium and didn't see any Sharks fans going into the restaurants nearby. Is something happening in the Shire today? It is a hive of activity after all.

Trackwork? Elections on this weekend? Is something going down at the beach today?

Why the hell would you go to a restaurant before the footy…. There’s a few starting to trickle in at the locker room still early doors

YoHadrian

Juniors
Well wife number 1 & kids number 1,2 & 3 offered me a choice. I can only go & get s***faced with the boys either this week or next week so I'm saving my liver for one more week & going to have a 12 hour NRL GF BBQ orgy of steak/sauages/booze next week so here I am dryzanunznasty.

Anyway the chockos to be too good & I'm tipping them by 12 or more.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Any stat gurus out there that would know the teams who had the week off winning % ??

Surely it's around 95% ?

I can't remeber any team having the week off and losing the preliminary.

With a grand final appearance on the line. It would be incredibly disappointing if any of the remaining teams didn’t throw everything they have into this.

I think Sharks have it in them to win if they play their best and have a bit of good luck. Or if Panthers play shit (cant see it happening in s prelim) and have some bad luck.

But I am not nervous or concerned for this game. I feel like we should win comfortably. Even if its close. Sharks have Hynes… Panthers have Cleary. So I would just assume Cleary gets it done and Hynes chokes in same opportunity.

That said if Cleary goes down with his shoulder injury. I would be sweating things a bit more. Brad Schneider is just awful and I am not sure Luai can recapture his form from earlier in the season instantly. That would definitely be the great equaliser.
Prediction: Ash will be under instructions to put away the whistle here. After about 55 minutes he will start to feel a bit twitchy about not being involved. He’ll go into dummy half at a Panthers play the ball. , dummy to his right and crash over leaving Mulitalo in his wake.

Bunker : “No obstruction. Try to Ashley Klein .

Annesley on Monday: I think you’ll all agree that Ash showed great vision .And strength to push past Mulitalo. He works as hard as any of the other referees in the gym and probably harder than most players. And I thought that gangster handshake with Jerome Luai after scoring was a nice touch.