What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sending Fisher-Harris and Luai (2 of the leaders in this Panthers group) out as winners can’t be underestimated when talking about variables in their drive to win.

These lads have had a massive impact on the Panthers as far as who they are and what they’re about. I expect all of the core players to fire on all cylinders and Fish/Luai to leave nothing out there next weekend. They are the 2 biggest departures in the entire dynasty. They give the squad something that goes beyond footy.

This squad/team is clearly the tightest bonded unit in all the competition. They’re essentially a brotherhood. When/if chips are down, I think that brotherhood and not want to let their brothers down is what will get them home.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

soc123_au

Staff member
Except last night

Sooking and moaning about a correct decision compete with a plea for the officials to not decide the GF and asking for butler to not be there.

The bloke knows they have no chance.
Ha ha, be a bit subtle at least. You have enough history on here that we know you aren't geniused. You need to take a course with @skeepe to learn the dark arts.

mozza91

Coach
It’s a toss of the coin. Melbourne have had the better year but what Penrith have done the last 3 years and their ability to come up with the big plays when it matters evens it out.

I’ll go Melbourne by 2 because Hughes deserves a CCM to back up the Dally M he surely will get.

Valheru

Coach
It’s a toss of the coin. Melbourne have had the better year but what Penrith have done the last 3 years and their ability to come up with the big plays when it matters evens it out.

I’ll go Melbourne by 2 because Hughes deserves a CCM to back up the Dally M he surely will get.
Teddy is going to get the latter which should provide some comedy in here.

Cleary will get the CCM if penrith wins regardless of what he does on the night. On the Melbourne side I could see Munster, paps or grant getting it as well as Hughes.

mozza91

Coach
Teddy is going to get the latter which should provide some comedy in here.

Cleary will get the CCM if penrith wins regardless of what he does on the night. On the Melbourne side I could see Munster, paps or grant getting it as well as Hughes.
I don’t think the Dally M is decided by who slips over and murders the most overlaps so Hughes should be sweet.

Valheru

Coach
I don’t think the Dally M is decided by who slips over and murders the most overlaps so Hughes should be sweet.
Hughes will probably get it but if he doesn't it will be teddy and teddy will be closest to Hughes.

He finished 3 points ahead of teddy in the ABC player of the year using the same system.

Munky

Coach
2024 Teddy is a top 3 downhill skier in the NRL.

Nicho has has an Eddie the Eagle award so makes sense for Squiddy to add another to his collection.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Disappointed that big Nelson will be rubbed out for this match.
He got sin binned and penalised but apparently his hit on Collins is worth 5 weeks. Surely if it was really that bad then it shouldve been a send off in the first place.
Storm will adequately cover for him but fans are being robbed of a good match up for the GF.
Yes it should have been a send off - takes out Collins in first tackle - appalling sportsmanship and look for NRL. At the same time, why weren’t they reduced to 11 after the professional foul 2 minutes later?

Iamback

Coach
Yes it should have been a send off - takes out Collins in first tackle - appalling sportsmanship and look for NRL. At the same time, why weren’t they reduced to 11 after the professional foul 2 minutes later?

They learnt from the farce of Origin 1 this year

Vic Mackey

Referee
Can’t believe people are saying if NAS gets off. He copped 4-5=weeks didn’t he? No chance he plays.

if it was round 15 then obviously he gets suspended. However it’s GF week, panel will be 3 ex players, I say massive chance he gets it downgraded to grade 1

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
if it was round 15 then obviously he gets suspended. However it’s GF week, panel will be 3 ex players, I say massive chance he gets it downgraded to grade 1
You know the Goulds and Johns of this world will say:
"There was nothing in it".
"You can't miss a grand final because of that".

Would not surprise if he plays.

Trifili13

Juniors
Being NAS, surprised it wasn't another $1,500 fine. Must mean the NRL is flush with funds and don't need any more money this year.

If I recall correctly, a couple of seasons ago NAS broke the front teeth of Egan by falling on him elbow first (or bumpers up in JWH language) but the judiciary found him not guilty as they would not work out the level of force or point of contact. He broke his f#%king teeth, and these morons can't work out force and where he hit him.

Black Magik

Juniors
Delusional

Melbourne are superior this year and you're going to find out the hard way next week.

As for your question, just don't run in to him? It was as obvious an obstruction as you will ever see.
Obstruction! Like Manly’s on Cleary….oh wait 😂