What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vic Mackey

Referee
At least it's not Cameron Smith like 2020 I suppose.

TBF the second half was one of the most ‘managed’ halves of footy I’ve seen. The Yeo Shepard into a kick for a try has never, ever been given a try except for that day.

we’ve been pretty lucky that since the infamous ‘6 again’ in 2019 we haven’t had a grand final impacted by a referees clanger

soc123_au

Staff member
TBF the second half was one of the most ‘managed’ halves of footy I’ve seen. The Yeo Shepard into a kick for a try has never, ever been given a try except for that day.

we’ve been pretty lucky that since the infamous ‘6 again’ in 2019 we haven’t had a grand final impacted by a referees clanger
Yeah, To'os "try" is one of the worst I've seen. I was gobsmacked when it was awarded.

We were a deer in the headlights first half, but some of the calls were shithouse too. Penalty try was a joke, and Smiths before half time was a shocker. In the end as much as I hate to say it, the better team won, but we had some terrible calls that may or may not have contributed to how we played. We will never know obviously, hopefully we aren't discussing similar shit after Sunday night.

Munky

Coach
Penrith's named bench is horribly unbalanced.

Three props and a mediocre halfback.

Any injury or HIA to an outside back or second rower and the game is lost.

Saxon

Bench
Match Officials
Referee: Ashley Klein
Touch Judge: Dave Munro
Touch Judge: Chris Sutton
Senior Review Official: Grant Atkins

Klown, Atkins and one of the Nepo kids.

I'm not suggesting bias, or that they will favour one team over the other.
But if Annesley and Abdo think these are three of the four best refs in the NRL our game is totally doomed.

Saxon

Bench
Hughes is the form half back
He should be a shoo In for dally m

Plus clearys shoulder is busted

If im the storm I run forwards at him all game and test it out
Tried that against Cronk and look how that worked out. Bellamy won't do that again.

Iamback

Coach
Cleary got what he wanted. Should have got a 20K fine instead.

He chose his words carefully. Never said he cheated or had no idea just didn't understand obstructions.

Which the NRL confirmed. Bennett didn't get fined either after Round 27

Fangs

Coach
Cleary got what he wanted. Should have got a 20K fine instead.

No issue with a 20k fine but it was for a just cause. He should receive an OAM for it.

Its was a disgraceful decision. For all we know the NRL doesn't act at all unless something is said. The same blowtorch should be applied to any stupid decisions made in this grand final as well.

Its mind blowing that in 2024 the referees are still confused about obstruction. Its been a problem in the NRL for as long as I can remember and with the nature of scrum/set plays it must be addressed.

Latest posts