What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

GongPanther

Referee
At least we don't have to listen to Blocker, Cronk or Ennis as co-commentators on Fox and can sit back and enjoy the channel 9 commentary team of.....

Oh f$%k, we're screwed. My mute button better be working on Sunday.
From the start of the game, record the match. Put on ABC grandstand beforehand to listen to the game. During the match, and you'll find that this is trial and error so don't get flustered, and pause the channel nine game until the radio call catches up and syncs to nine's broadcast.

I pause during a play the ball and wait for the call to catch up, although the radio callers are never on song with what is actually happening like Roy & HG used to do years ago.

But whatever you do, don't stop recording nine's coverage at halftime as you will lose the sync.

GongPanther

Referee
I feel similar to this tbh. I'm confident we can get it done, but wont be looking for a bridge if we don't.
I'm unusually calm with no anxious feelings at all. We win the double hat-trick, so be it. If not, congrats to the Storm and well done, and hope its a grand game. But yea, no pre-match nerves like the past four grand finals.

Trifili13

Juniors
From the start of the game, record the match. Put on ABC grandstand beforehand to listen to the game. During the match, and you'll find that this is trial and error so don't get flustered, and pause the channel nine game until the radio call catches up and syncs to nine's broadcast.

I pause during a play the ball and wait for the call to catch up, although the radio callers are never on song with what is actually happening like Roy & HG used to do years ago.

But whatever you do, don't stop recording nine's coverage at halftime as you will lose the sync.
Used to love Roy and HG calling games from the card table at the half way line ala Frank Hyde.

Thanks for your suggestion but involves far too much effort just to watch these average teams. I'll just suffer like the rest of humanity and watch on 9. At least the powers that be have shown us plebs some mercy and removed Gould.

mxlegend99

Referee
Non-Souths fans inventing the myth about NRL bias in FAVOUR of Souths is the greatest bias in the game. Laughable nonsense and sour grapes way back when. It's funny how people can only perceive bias via finger pointing but never their own. LOL!
The Souths bias is so strong that in a year where they didn't even make the finals they account for a good chunk of the Grand Final day thread.

I'll be honest though. I don't remember too much of the decisions that went their way in 2014. But no team in history has won without the referee helping them if you ask the fans of other clubs.

GongPanther

Referee
Used to love Roy and HG calling games from the card table at the half way line ala Frank Hyde.

Thanks for your suggestion but involves far too much effort just to watch these average teams. I'll just suffer like the rest of humanity and watch on 9. At least the powers that be have shown us plebs some mercy and removed Gould.
A lot of people I know play classical music with the TV on mute. It's amazing what the non distraction of commentators does to watching the game.

GongPanther

Referee
These sliding doors moments are silly to talk about e.g. Walker's 2021 intercept. There was a stack of time left on the clock and they would have just gone on to win the game anyway if Walker's pass went through.

Take the hapless Eels earlier this year for example. Down by 14 and we score three tries in seven minutes. Not some miracle, we just did it because we can. And that is because we have...

Gears:

a toothed wheel that works with others to alter the relation between the speed of a driving mechanism (such as the engine of a vehicle) and the speed of the driven parts (the wheels).
"a racing bike with ten-speed gears"
"the penrith panthers have several gears available for use"

Will be no different on Sunday. They can win the game from any scenario.
Season 2020 was a strange one for us. How many times did the Panthers give 12-0, or 14-0 starts during the first half, only to come back from the dead and win them?

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I'll be having a small bet on a draw. And lash out a little on a Storm win.
I reckon the Storm are specials. But not by many

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The Souths bias is so strong that in a year where they didn't even make the finals they account for a good chunk of the Grand Final day thread.

I'll be honest though. I don't remember too much of the decisions that went their way in 2014. But no team in history has won without the referee helping them if you ask the fans of other clubs.
Not last year.
It was all is.
Must have been at least 5 epic f**k ups.

Latest posts