What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 GF - Sun 6 Oct - Melbourne v Penrith @ Accor

Grand Final: Melbourne v Penrith

• Melbourne Storm

• Penrith Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Results are only viewable after voting.

Exsilium

Coach
Feel sick but go Melbourne least if they win no one will care. 3 years of smugness is plenty

But if we win four in a row, all arguments are settled. We go from smug to elitist.

Personally, I was happy to see one GF win….now five. Possibly six. I feel blessed as a fan and so this result is less important to me than the place the club is now at.

Warrimoo3

Juniors
Damien Cook apparently has already been pencilled in as centre for NSW next year by Freddy . Look , he’s quick and can move well laterally in defence. With Nico on the bench as backline cover.
Half the NSW squad perform the “bindii ballet” while walking barefoot on grass during training. Latrell pulls out on the day of the match with an infected foot. Freddy blames the curator for using unnecessary chemicals on the grass. Dylan Edwards pulls a hamstring during Freddy’s yoga session and is also ruled out. James Tedesco is recalled and cements his position with a man of the match performance. Queensland win the series and Freddy gets a three year extension.

Pjf04b

Juniors
But if we win four in a row, all arguments are settled. We go from smug to elitist.

Personally, I was happy to see one GF win….now five. Possibly six. I feel blessed as a fan and so this result is less important to me than the place the club is now at.
I’m much the same. I would love the win but won’t be devastated if they don’t. I said in early 2020 that we were watching something special, I just didn’t know how special! I have been a Penrith supporter since 1967 and I never dreamt of 5 straight GFs. We have been gifted to have and see this team. A win today will cement them as the greatest team in the modern era post 1967.

Dodgy

Juniors
You have to make the most of the opportunities that come your way, and it doesn't matter that the team has won the last 3.

I remember thinking I was lucky to have the 2peat before last year's GF and would accept a loss. But when Brisbane blew out to the lead, I felt **** and thought the team produced under if it was just two.

The lemon has to be squeezed fully, and then another lemon has to be picked from the tree.

Parramatta had a superteam in the 80s, and that's been it. Brisbane haven't won since 06. You never know when the last one is.

There are players that haven't won a GF as well. Despite a 3peat, I'm dirty Tamou and Mansour aren't Penrith premiership players.

Canard

Immortal
You have to make the most of the opportunities that come your way, and it doesn't matter that the team has won the last 3.

I remember thinking I was lucky to have the 2peat before last year's GF and would accept a loss. But when Brisbane blew out to the lead, I felt **** and thought the team produced under if it was just two.

The lemon has to be squeezed fully, and then another lemon has to be picked from the tree.

Parramatta had a superteam in the 80s, and that's been it. Brisbane haven't won since 06. You never know when the last one is.

There are players that haven't won a GF as well. Despite a 3peat, I'm dirty Tamou and Mansour aren't Penrith premiership players.
Thankfully "Aussie Jim" goes into the annals with a ring, care of his actual club :) the mighty NQ Cowboys

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Kickoff in 10 minutes for State Championships

Newtown Jets​

1. Liam Ison 2. Tom Rodwell 3. Chris Veaila 25. Jackson Ferris 5. Samuel Stonestreet 6. Khaled Rajab 7. Niwhai Puru 8. Braden Hamlin-Uele 9. Jayden Berrell 10. Tuku Hau Tapuha 11. Kyle Pickering 12. Billy Burns 13. Blake Hosking
15. Jordin Leiu 17. Billy Magoulias 18. Samuel Healey 19. Bradley Fearnley
22. Jordan Swann

Norths Devils​

1. Jordan Lipp 2. Blake Paskins 3. Tesi Niu 4. Jacob Gagan 5. Manase Kaho 6. Jack Wright 7. Jack Ahearn 8. Cooper Jenkins 9. Kierran Moseley 20. George Fai 11. Oryn Keeley 12. Jeremiah Simbiken 13. Mason Teague
14. Zak Mcguire 15. James Flack 16. Sam Elliott 18. Campbell Duffy
19. Zach Brooks

Referee: Liam Kennedy​

Sideline Officials: Jarrod Cole, Kieren Irons

Video Referee: Peter Gough