What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand final Panthers vs Storm

Should I make an early prediction?

• Total voters

Fangs

Coach
One thing I'll say about the storm is even vs the Roosters they got a try off a blatant knock on when the score was 24 - 18 and the Roosters had gained momentum. Doesn't mean much for us but the storms defence is clearly there for the taking.

They are comfortably second to our defence.

They can be very soft at times and lack experience in grand finals across the team. We fire up the blowtorch and they'll melt. The Storm can try the same on us but it won't be nearly as weathering.

In 2008 I got married, Melbourne was minor premiers, but lost the GF.
8 years later I had my 1st child, Melbourne won the minor premiers, but lost the GF to a team that came in the comp in 1967. Sydney Swans also won the minor premiers, but got pumped in the GF.
Another 8 years later we are having our second child, Melbourne won the minor premiers and play a team that came in 1967, Sydney Swans won the Minor Premiers but got pumped yesterday too.

So on that we should win 😜

WestyLife

First Grade
In 2008 I got married, Melbourne was minor premiers, but lost the GF.
8 years later I had my 1st child, Melbourne won the minor premiers, but lost the GF to a team that came in the comp in 1967. Sydney Swans also won the minor premiers, but got pumped in the GF.
Another 8 years later we are having our second child, Melbourne won the minor premiers and play a team that came in 1967, Sydney Swans won the Minor Premiers but got pumped yesterday too.

So on that we should win 😜

This is scientific evidence fyi

mxlegend99

Referee
Why the hate for Kenny? He made 47 tackles and only missed 2. Some of his defence was brutal and inspiring. He made 0 errors and was unlucky to have the one penalty blown against him. His service was good, he ran when needed. What more do you want from him!
His service was f**king shocking. He had numerous passes that were so bad you can't even tell who he was trying to pass it to.

He can put hits on. When he doesn't try to get creative and does his job he is solid. But last night he overplayed his hand.

Iamback

Coach
His service was f**king shocking. He had numerous passes that were so bad you can't even tell who he was trying to pass it to.

He can put hits on. When he doesn't try to get creative and does his job he is solid. But last night he overplayed his hand.

That is it. Look at the down town penalty Fish gave away, He caught a pass from the Hooker. Shows how bad the pass was

chrisD

Coach
Yeah Smith out wide is not a good strategy. Guyer should have been playing when a backrower wasn't fit and we shouldn't be in this position. Hopefully Sorro plays.

Girds89

Bench
Forgot how they held up against a full strength storm last time. The squads are night and day. Also that first try was such a terrible call. Yes just went back and had a look on kayo.

View attachment 94793

View attachment 94794

Only won by 2 damn.

Oates is a huge in for them.

Warbrick and him are extremley damgerous for too and tito.

We will need to have a really good plan in place for how we will defend their attacking kicks.

Id be shocked if big nelson somehow gets off but it is the nrl and they are a basket case so who the eff knows.. he will be a big out if that happens.

Nath not being 100% obviously is a huge huge concern. Part of me thinks ivan should flick the switch and tell romey to bloody own the game and push nath aside when he wants it and really own the game. Jerome is at his best when he is cocky and really backing himself.. his short kicking and running game this year has been unreal and we will need romey to really save his best for last.

For us i really think moses, fish and martim need to have their best games of the year.. its been a avg year at best for all 3.. we need them to follow kemny in defemce and make it a mission to put melbournes boys on their backs every tackle. If we can restrict their fast play the balls and offloads it really nullifies grant and paps. Stop them to and you can stop the space fpr hughes and munster.

I see this as our biggest challenge of all the last 5.

No critta is huge..bloke just knew how to stand up in big games for us and always wemt to superstar levels.

Tago and Alamonti in defence need to be on song as do the blokes on the inside amd out.

This is 50/50.. i think we can win but we will need to be saving our best for last.

Latest posts