What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand Final winner ?

since77

Juniors
It seems your very challenged and confused, it's like at work, I tend to have to repeat to someone 4 times, due to selective hearing or playing the imbecile role of not accepting the truth about something, like how they broke something, but the damage occurred out of thin air.
FOR EXAMPLE WHEN YOU BUY A f**kING NEW CAR, and you scratch it or your run into your garage door and then try to claim warranty or blame the workmanship of it.
Follow, understand, get the picture, comprehend, grasp, make sense of, with it.
I'm thinking someone of your vintage might need to take a Bex and go have a good lay down. Chill out dude. 11 in a row. 4 in a row. Different eras, different rules. Both great achievements in their own right.
What everyone needs to be celebrating today is that the Purple Cheats lost.

56to66

Juniors
I'm thinking someone of your vintage might need to take a Bex and go have a good lay down. Chill out dude. 11 in a row. 4 in a row. Different eras, different rules. Both great achievements in their own right.
What everyone needs to be celebrating today is that the Purple Cheats lost.
In todays world, I'm only early forties, anyways hopefully it will be the last we for both those teams.
Obviously it would great to see us have a great run again, I would like to see teams like.St George, Warriors, Titans Newcastle, Canberra and even the Tigpies, start Dominating the comp for the next 20 years.
I really dislike most of the other teams, I did have a soft spot for the Panthers, however there used by date is well and truly gone.

Last edited:

since77

Juniors
Sometimes I think the saying if they didn’t have double standards they would have no standards applies to the NRL. Munster cleared

FMD.
That's appalling.
Now personally I don't think what Munster did was any different to what Kyle did. Both should have had no case to answer. But remember the judiciary said they had to make an example of Kyle to make sure players knew they would be held accountable........
So of course we cop 4 weeks and a season ending suspension whilst Munster is cleared. That's f$%king criminal.
I hope the club asks for an explanation from the NRL as to why Kyle gets 4 weeks but Munster gets nothing for exactly the same "offence".

rasaint

Juniors
Since 77 good post on the Munster ‘no case’ to answer.

I saw the nearly exact circumstances occur in Munster situation to Flanagan Situation. That is a defence player ( Alamoti / Chricton) initially tackle an attacking player ( Munster / Flanagan) thereafter then move their arm or head up and attack the head of the tackled attacking player. Neither Munster nor Flanagan initiate any biting movement at all. Only move their heads to be free of a foremen or nose being push in their mouths.

I speculate that Amamoti‘s report was slow down and stop a storm attacking raid which was going well. Chricton trying to ‘show who is boss’

BLM01

First Grade
What was the bloody cowbell sound effect that was going on for a while?

Was it played over the PA? Cos it seemed bloody loud for someone in the crowd to be beating it.
Was it the fake Melb crowd recording to make them feel like they had some support?
I must ask why do they have to have this?
I know the Panthers had their bit too but it is supposed to be a neutral venue with no real home ground advantage.
On the Ch9 telecast did not see much of crowd coverage except going to a section of Penrith faithful.
Let the real Melb supporters get out there and cheer their team on naturally if the club is so great and we need a team based out of Melbourne.
I suppose like many other things I will never get over the Pay TV money in the game that kept them propped up in a AFL city, the wrestling, systematic salary cap rorts etc etc and jealousy of 20+ years just about making every final series and continual success. :D

Last edited:

56to66

Juniors
Once again Penrith showed what the model is to win in the modern era, a strong club throughout every grade, minimal imports, very good coaches, GM, and recruitment. Compare this to the Dragons, barring a decent coach, there is nothing else in common.
The Resurrection of Frank Facer is a start.

Future Dragon

Juniors
Since 77 good post on the Munster ‘no case’ to answer.

I saw the nearly exact circumstances occur in Munster situation to Flanagan Situation. That is a defence player ( Alamoti / Chricton) initially tackle an attacking player ( Munster / Flanagan) thereafter then move their arm or head up and attack the head of the tackled attacking player. Neither Munster nor Flanagan initiate any biting movement at all. Only move their heads to be free of a foremen or nose being push in their mouths.

I speculate that Amamoti‘s report was slow down and stop a storm attacking raid which was going well. Chricton trying to ‘show who is boss’
Spot on rasaint, the club owe it to the Dragons fans to demand an explanation from the NRL of the reasons why Munster was not charged yet Kyle was.
This is a disgraceful double standard that our club needs to grow a set and complain to the NRL.

Gareth67

First Grade
Spot on rasaint, the club owe it to the Dragons fans to demand an explanation from the NRL of the reasons why Munster was not charged yet Kyle was.
This is a disgraceful double standard that our club needs to grow a set and complain to the NRL.
It looked like the grub was biting into a piece of T-bone steak , the only difference was he never swallowed .

But he will be in the Kangaroo squad so he must be innocent , isn’t he ? 😬🥩

BLM01

First Grade
It looked like the grub was biting into a piece of T-bone steak , the only difference was he never swallowed .

But he will be in the Kangaroo squad so he must be innocent , isn’t he ? 😬🥩
Two things there Gazza
1. Munster ruled himself out of Test selection based on injury?.. he did seem fit enough to me
2. What did not help was Alamoti withdrawing his complaint. Crichton did not.

Gareth67

First Grade
Two things there Gazza
1. Munster ruled himself out of Test selection based on injury?.. he did seem fit enough to me
2. What did not help was Alamoti withdrawing his complaint. Crichton did not.
I was unaware that he had made himself unavailable BLMO1 , however whether or not Alamoti withdrew his complaint or not , I still feel that there is sufficient doubt as to Munster’s actions to have the incident investigated further .

A precedent has been set by the Judiciary with the Kyle Flanagan ruling , thus demanding some clarity for what actually constitutes ‘ biting ‘ . This is required in fairness not only to Flanagan , but to all players charged with the same offence in the future.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
I was unaware that he had made himself unavailable BLMO1 , however whether or not Alamoti withdrew his complaint or not , I still feel that there is sufficient doubt as to Munster’s actions to have the incident investigated further .

A precedent has been set by the Judiciary with the Kyle Flanagan ruling , thus demanding some clarity for what actually constitutes ‘ biting ‘ . This is required in fairness not only to Flanagan , but to all players charged with the same offence in the future.
To be honest i did not see a bite (camera showing) from Munster, unfortunately in KF case we saw the chomp down on camera..mouth guard or not
I agree it does not seem fair.. would like to see his arm to see the damage as we saw in Crichton case
The story is now fish and chip paper and whingeing from our club will not change anything