What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Grand Final winner ?

TruSaint

Referee
Was it the fake Melb crowd recording to make them feel like they had some support?
I must ask why do they have to have this?
I know the Panthers had their bit too but it is supposed to be a neutral venue with no real home ground advantage.
On the Ch9 telecast did not see much of crowd coverage except going to a section of Penrith faithful.
Let the real Melb supporters get out there and cheer their team on naturally if the club is so great and we need a team based out of Melbourne.
I suppose like many other things I will never get over the Pay TV money in the game that kept them propped up in a AFL city, the wrestling, systematic salary cap rorts etc etc and jealousy of 20+ years just about making every final series and continual success. :D

It was the Vinni Mallini Cup buddy.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Once again Penrith showed what the model is to win in the modern era, a strong club throughout every grade, minimal imports, very good coaches, GM, and recruitment. Compare this to the Dragons, barring a decent coach, there is nothing else in common.
If there is a more humble, honest, down to Earth & great person in the NRL coaching ranks than Ivan Cleary, then I’m yet to see them.
All the success with the Panthers team can be attributed to his coaching & developing the skills in their nursery of talent.
He’s up there in the ranking of Coaching Greats.

Dragon David

First Grade
Now this would be scary but I think that it can be done. Penrith to win 5 in a row next year. I cannot see a club beating them if they make it to the grand final. The only way the won't win it is they get beaten in the prelims. They will again be in the Top 4. They are a juggernaut and keep rolling on.

56to66

Juniors
I think these terms modern game, salary cap is overused and overrated, we have all the video technology, this so called sports science, heart tracking, this tracking, that tracking, it was supposed to bring the game closer more competitive amongst all, but not so, you will always have someone finding a secret formula, sometimes it might be just simply pure talent unmatched and timing.
I thought Pete Sampras was the King of Tennis winning 14 grand slams, at that time you had many champions sharing grand slams, the likes of Andre Aggassi, Ivan Lendle, Stefan Edberg, Matt Wilander, the list is endless of various top 20 players winning grand slams throughout the 70, 80's and 90's, however only 3 players in the last 20 years have completely dominated the game of Tennis, Djokovic has won a record 24 majors, Nadal with 22 and Federer 20.
I believe the Panthers have struck gold with the coach, son, the talent pathways that they have developed, and the NRL bringing in more teams therefore diluting the player talent for the majority of all other NRL teams.
If all other NRL teams don't find a way, may it be innovative, technically to stop the Panthers, all teams have to go to next level and some, or we could be watching the next St George of the 50s and 60s.
The one club that has everything on the line to protect its Legacy is the St George Illawarra Dragons, everyone wants to say its a new team, I call BS, as we all know, Flanno and the coaching staff must act fast to stop them in 2026, if no one else can.
Also by the end of St George's great run, Souths Sydney Rabbits, went on to protect there legacy by winning in 1967,1968,1970 and 1971, losing the 1969 GF to the Tigers.
St George need to do the same!

Last edited:

Latest posts