What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

MugaB

Coach
Generally speaking, overall, the past couple of years, maybe a few years, to me feel like we are in a golden age of jerseys. Yes, there are some jerseys that ideally should be better, but on average, the standard is WAYYY up on where it used to be, in my opinion.
There aren't many that get released these days that are just plain headscratchers as to how they got past the ideas thumbnails stage, let alone the final design chosen.

May this continue forever!
Kinda want to get to the point where there isn't too much going on sponsor wise, like in the 80s-90s, generally it was a major sponsor on the chest and a sleeve sponsor, kept the design and colors pretty well organised and nice, Roosters seem to do it pretty easily, knights first penny-penny, balmain avco or philips and so on... nowadays every space seems to want get filled like we are in race driver overalls, it's bog average, even shorts are getting too much going on

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Yes, well, there is that. It it's hard to argue with that point. Mine was to do with the jersey designs themselves. I suppose in the moment I was typing my post, I had become so desensitised to the sponsors that I wasn't even thinking about them.

Other than the hugely oversized and abundant sponsors on kits, and also other than Parra's seemingly abandoning of gold from their kits, I think overall NRL kits these days are of a much higher standard than they have been a mere few years ago.

MugaB

Coach
Yes, well, there is that. It it's hard to argue with that point. Mine was to do with the jersey designs themselves. I suppose in the moment I was typing my post, I had become so desensitised to the sponsors that I wasn't even thinking about them.

Other than the hugely oversized and abundant sponsors on kits, and also other than Parra's seemingly abandoning of gold from their kits, I think overall NRL kits these days are of a much higher standard than they have been a mere few years ago.
More purple for storm, more red for knights more orange for tigers, and more GOLD for bronx and everyone's a winner
1000001221.gif

mn_tibor

Juniors
Sea Eagles in home jersey (maroon) and away shorts (maroon). Broncos in alternate jersey (white with diamonds) and ANZAC shorts (white). Surely this was the NRL. The clubs would not be that organised. So why can the do it for one game and then have bad clashes in others?

Hit The Post

Juniors
Sea Eagles in home jersey (maroon) and away shorts (maroon). Broncos in alternate jersey (white with diamonds) and ANZAC shorts (white). Surely this was the NRL. The clubs would not be that organised. So why can the do it for one game and then have bad clashes in others?
I knew something about manly looked funny

Nuke

Staff member
Getting a bit over the Broncos use of white this season.. But otherwise not a bad jersey, just a bit dull colours wise.
Likewise. A gold collar would have made a huge difference ... and not just because that collar thing itself is huge..!

So Manly, by ways of their ANZAC kit, are trying to look like Brisbane, and Brisbane are doing their best Manly impression.

beave

Coach
I have a 110 inch 4K projector, and be f**ked if i can tell who is who on the long shot.......