What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ladder predictions

Scootsie

Juniors
The race for eighth spot isn’t as exciting as it looked a month ago.
Kevvie can talk it up as much as he likes, and Ponga can reclaim his Dally M form, but reality is Broncs, Knights and Raiders are done.

Woody90

Juniors
Will take a wild stab:

1. PENRITH

2. Broncos - were 1 of the 2 best teams this year - while I could see the hurt of the GF loss haunting them a bit I can't really see any of the other teams improving to the point of winning more games than them.

3. Warriors - I actually think they'll keep it up. They'll be hurt by the way they went out in the prelim and this isn't the same inconsistent Warriors team we've become accustomed to.

4. Storm - Not the team they once were but will consistently beat enough of the poor teams to win enough to make the 4 and keep Bellyache happy in his last season. Will be lower down if one of the lower teams have a break out season.

5. Souths - they definitely have the talent and resources to easily be in the top 8. If they have a real honesty review over the off season they'll finish higher, if they don't do any review they won't play finals. Who really knows with this team.

6. Knights - About the same as this year. Won't go on the same 10 game run but will do a lot better to start the season with an off season with everyone training in the right positions and the likes of Crossland training at 9.

7. Eels - Really don't feel comfortable having them this high as they're super unreliable, but they played in the GF not that long ago that you'd assume that last year was an anomaly - but again who really knows this this team

8. Roosters - Should make the finals purely on the basis of how much the squad is worth. Didn't see anything in their performances last year though to suggest they'll compete with the top teams. Couple of good signings though which will help.

9. Titans - They'll improve a lot. Could easily see them making the top 8. Good forward pack and I think Des will finally help them develop some identity. They'll keep improving and have 3-4 really good years before Des f**ks their salary cap.

10. Dolphins - like others can see them improving. I think might be a bit early for finals in 2024 but can definitely see them improving and making finals in 2025.

11. Dragons - Will improve under new coach but still not enough to play finals.

12. Sharks - can see them becoming disheartened after not winning a finals game in the past few years and slipping.

13. Cowboys - need to improve but I can't really see where that's going to come from.

14. Manly - I really don't like Seibold as a coach and DCE is getting really old. If Turbo comes back and has a stellar season they'll definitely finish but higher up the ladder, but I think he's done.

15. Raiders - squad seems to be getting worse rather than better. They did well this year to get into the finals beating the bottom teams but can see them falling way back if the same bottom teams improve. Stuart will still not be under any pressure.

16. Dogs - by far the worst squad in the comp. They're just lucky that the Tigers are a basket case.

17. Tigers - I really didn't want to put them last as I think their squad is probably a bit better than a 3x spoon winning side, but Benji is such a strange coaching decision and their board is a mess. Can't see them improving until there is a massive shake up from the top down.

That time of year to see how laughably wrong I was. I was close for Storm, Panthers, Knights, Dolphins, Dragons and Tigers but way off for most of the others. Souths/Eels in my top 8 lmao.